Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 Sugar Free Day's

I am going to lurk for a bit too...
    Deebs, have you packed in the coffee too?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

30 Sugar Free Day's

AND AWAY WE GO!!

I have decided to quit coffee too as it just tastes revolting without sugar or xylitol.
      So this morning I started off with a cup of green tea (no sugar, no sweetner and no milk). Wasn't too bad actually.

I'm going to make myself a white only omlet before I hit the shops.
      On my shopping list is:
      A pretty tea cup
      Lots of different teas
      Pretty water bottle
      Fresh produce from the farmers market
      Quinoa
      Nairns Oat Cakes (must check if there's sugar in them)
      Fish, fish and more fish
      Seeds and nuts
      Tofu (this will be a first for me)
      Yoghurt, plain

I'm also taking the daughter to my fav eating place Kauai for a shot of wheatgrass LOL that should get her eyes rolling.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

30 Sugar Free Day's

Okay. I am in. However, I am not starting until Monday. (Geez, I did this crap with AL, too!!)

Hubby tries to stay on high protein, low carb diet because he is borderline diabetic, so this will just work out great.

I need to get healthier and start exercising, and this is a great way to start.

Oh, and Dr. O isn't bad looking, either!!

I'll "see" you all in the morning.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

30 Sugar Free Day's

I'm afraid so Starts.
          It just tastes crap without sugar.
          I must say that the last couple of mornings my coffee just hasn't hit the spot and it's had a "funny" taste to it -- maybe a sign?
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

30 Sugar Free Day's

Its the headache that puts me off quitting it. I drink it without sugar already so not too bad on that score and I have cut down from about 6 cups to 1 or 2 which I am pleased about.

Comment

30 Sugar Free Day's

YAY CINDERS!!

Yes, this new lifestyle (I refuse to call it a diet) will suit your hubby too. has he ever tried Manna tablets to help maintain his glucose levels? Here's the link to the one's I'm taking Manna (TM) Blood Sugar Support

I am busy reading Patrick Holford's Low GI cookbook for inspiration for my meal plan -- there's some great recipes in here.
              I like his gingerbeer alternative which uses just 1 tablespoon of Xylitol to make 300ml of gingerbeer syrup so the GI is below 5.

Comment

30 Sugar Free Day's

startingover;679967 wrote: Its the headache that puts me off quitting it. I drink it without sugar already so not too bad on that score and I have cut down from about 6 cups to 1 or 2 which I am pleased about.
                Have you thought of a coffee alternative Starts?
                I've seen a couple of options on the shelves at the health shop -- I think many of them are malt based but haven't tried them as they really are expensive.

Comment

30 Sugar Free Day's

Dr O recommends eating every 2 hours. I was a bit shocked and thought geez that's a lot of eating but just broke it down and now it makes sense to me.

9:00am Breakfast
                  11:00am Snack
                  13:00 Lunch
                  15:00 Snack
                  17:00 Snack
                  19:00 Dinner

That's very do-able for me.

Today's moto "GRAZE, DON'T GORGE"

Comment

30 Sugar Free Day's

Good idea, I quite like green tea so I will try to swap one of my coffees to that.

Comment

30 Sugar Free Day's

That's a good idea Starts. I read an article the other day about the benefits of green tea and we really should be drinking more of it.

BTW why haven't you started the Army thread yet? Waiting for Mario to wake up:-)

Comment

30 Sugar Free Day's

I got caught up, just about to do it now :-)
                        I bet Mario wakes just I as I hit submit!!

Comment

30 Sugar Free Day's

:H I am here lurking :H

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

30 Sugar Free Day's

Hi Dee Bee

What a great idea! Thanks for the info. I've read the booklet and understand the rationale for drastic measures to break the addiction. Also, since I have a problem with abdominal fat, I've read other things that suggest the same small frequent meals plan. I've already ditched a number of things, like cakes and bread, but find the no grains part of his plan too radical. It's not something I could keep up in the long run. However, I wouldn't want to detract from the determination of all who want to go the whole hog. If you can put up with a mod squad in your midst, my plan is to cut out sugar and white stuff. Definitely grazing today. :H Good luck to all.

Comment

30 Sugar Free Day's

Great to have you onboard Pamina!!
                              I can SO identify with the "abdnominal fat" issue. It doesn't matter how many sit-up's or crunches I do it doesn't budge. Hopefully our new sugar free lifestyle will help shed the fat.

No grains is quite a challenge I must say -- I've just come back from the shops and must've spent double the amount of time than ususal because I was reading the ingredients on stuff that I normally buy. And ja, Nairns oatcakes DO have sugar in!!

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at the amount of green stuff now in my fridge and I'm still hungry after finishing my tuna salad so I'm going to sulk for a bit ..... how's everyone else doing?

Comment

30 Sugar Free Day's

Hey DeeBee,
                                Thanks for the link. I have been wanting to cut sugar for such a long time. Now I have cut the alcohol,....sugar is the next step!! Have saved the link and will print out the book later!!
                                Thanks again.
                                Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Working...
                                X