Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supplementation Help Please

Hi Everyone,

The Kudzu from MWO is on its way in the post, together with the book and CDs.

I have purchased, from the local health shop:

L-Glutamine powder 3,5g per level teaspoon

L-Glutamine capsules 500mg per capsule

Milk Thistle capsules containinf 300mg Raw Milk Thistle herb Powder and Standard Milk Thistle seed powdered extract 175mg

SAMe tablets 200mg

Gaba capsules 500mg

Melatonin caps 3mg

Please could someone help me with how much I must take of each a day, and how often?
    Thanks.
    Love,
    Sunbird

Hi Sunbird,

I would wait for the kudzu and CD's to arrive, seriously!!

For me ... I bought the hypnotherapy Cd's (set of 4), plus Kudzu tablets (I take 9 per day) just 2 weeks ago and I am a different person.

I have cut back so much on drinking, that I am pouring my glass of wine down the sink instead of having it now.

I listened to the first CD 'clearing' and that was like a thunderbolt to me! 1 hour later and I felt like I had removed alot of demons straight up.
    And that was just the first CD.

So, as I say, do what works for you, but I am buzzing after being so numb to alcohol for too many years.

I don't know how much herbal stuff to take, but it might confuse the brilliance of the Kudzu!

Take care, and best of luck.
    :h
    MWO is a blessing, thank you.

Comment

Hiya Sunbird.
      Your list look's pretty much the same as mine when I joined.
      It can get pretty confusing and also complicated keeping track of what to take when so I kept my schedule real simple.

L-Glut capsules I kept in my handbag and used as and when needed. This is especially handy if you find yourself thrown unexpectadly into a drinking enviroment.

All of the rest I took twice a day, just before breakfast and again late afternoon. I have never tried Melatonin so can't comment on that.

Wishing you all the best on your journey.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I assume this is all in addition to multi vitamins, minerals, extra Bs and Cs, etc.

I would also add amino acids and enzymes.

It's not so complicated if you write down a schedule, and then divide up the pills in pill boxes or those handy tiny pill ziploc bags they sell in supplement stores like GNC (that's what I use). I do this once a week (packing the pill packs) -- it takes about 15 minutes and them I'm set for the week.

Vitamins and enzymes should be taken with meals. L-glut and aminos should be taken between meals (on an empty stomach). I think Kudzu might work better on an empty stomach, but it makes me nauseous if I do that. I don't use kudzu much. I don't like the way it makes me feel. It also gives me headaches if I drink (which I usually do). But I think you will notice a big boost as far as cravings go -- especially at first.

You can take 5g l-glut 3xday at first, especially while detoxing. Besides the cravings bit, L-glut is good for you in many other ways. Athletes use it to build up muscle- they take it directly after a workout. L-glut is also good for your intestines or digestion or something. L-glut does nothing for me in terms of cravings, but I take it anyway for its other beneficial properties. It's cheap and easy and makes me feel like I am doing something.

Melatonin should be taken before bed -- I suggest 6mg, but you can start with 3mg. It affects different people differently. My husband can't take it because it makes him groggy the next day, whereas I don't notice anything at all from it. I often forget to take it for days at a time and don't notice any difference in my sleep. However, it is supposed to be good for you, help your biorhythms, and just be beneficial in general, so I still take it when I remember.

These days I am sleeping beautifully thanks to Baclofen, even at a low dose. (If you don't know about Baclofen, which seems to be curing alcoholics right and left, as well as curing anxiety and insomnia and reducing withdrawal symptoms -- I suggest you read about it in the meds forum.)

Good luck and feel free to ask more Qs about supps... I have done my homework on them and also studied them in the school of hard knocks.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Sunbird, your nutritional requirements will vary depending on whether you are still detoxing, or are fully AF. Also...how are you feeling? forgive my ignorance if you've posted that already somewhere else.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
          X