Hi there,
    Here are the supps I take:
    - 800 mg folic acid
    - 250 mg magnesium
    - daily women's multivitamin
    - calcium citrate
    - 2 pills thistle milk
    - 1 pill morning primrose oil

Anyone else finding that the primrose oil turns their face into a pimple factory? I don't take it all the time, but I notice a huge breakout after about 3 days taking it in a row. I don't see any benefits of the primrose oil either.

Other thoughts?
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
    AF since May 6, 2010

morning primrose oil

Wow. You know, I've had major breakouts on my chest all of a sudden and never made that connection. I've even been to the dermatologist twice to get it treated because it is so bad and comes on suddenly. I haven't taken EPO recently, but I wonder if that's what got my oil glands to start over producing. If you end up seeing a doctor about this, I'd love to hear what e or she has to say. I'm going to try and get in touch with my doc too.

Comment

morning primrose oil

I don't know about the EPO, tulipe.

Your calcium/magnesium ratio needs to be 2:1

Just curious, why the folic acid?
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

morning primrose oil

Greenie,
        Thanks for the tip on the calcium/mag.
        AL depletes the body of folic acid. Folic acid helps the body absorb iron, which helps make red blood cells, which carry oxygen through the bloodstream. So if you are going to drink, take extra folic acid. For people in WD, they give tons of folic acid and thiamine. If you google it you can get all the tech info. I take an extra 800 mcg/day just because. Pregant women have 1 mg folic acid in the prenatal vitamin.
        Prob should take extra thiamine too but don't and am 2 months past wd.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
        AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

morning primrose oil

That's interesting tulipe. A while back (it may not be the case now) you couldn't get a high dosage of folic acid without a prescription which was often the case with pregnant women. (This is in USA) That's why I was wondering. Well, I also forgot what it did.

Have you read the new stuff about vitamin D levels? That's pretty interesting.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

morning primrose oil

vit d is cool, everything is cool, no? Folic acid can be bought at any supermarket, actually, in the US. Love these interactions!
            AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Working...
            X