Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brain Waves and Booze: Another Tool for You to Consider.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I miss which light/sound mind machine(s) you are using?
    Anyone know of mp3 earpieces that you can comfortably sleep with? These ear buds kill my ears and normally fall out or strangle me during the night.

and bump for a great read.

Comment

This is very interesting for me as I have just began using the Nueroprogrammer- it is a software that produces brain entrainment sessions to which you can then add suggestions, (e.g. You are happy and sober, You eat small healthy meals etc) and it will also send light flashes over the screen inducing you into an alpha, delta, or theta state.

I have been using it also at night on my ipod, so it plays continually while I am sleeping.

I have only been using it a few days but I like the way it makes me feel- and I have great vivid dreams when using the theta mode

You can download a trial version from Transparent Corporation - it lasts 14 days for the trial.

I am also looking for some night MP3 headphones!

Comment

This stuff is pretty intriguing. I've reviewed quite a lot of what has been written so far in the professional (neuroscience and psychology) scientific journals about all this. So far, there are no studies in the literature indicating any long-term beneficial effects at all, whether for alcohol-related problems, or other variables, in using these devices. At this point, very little is actually understood about how (or even whether) attempts at directly manipulating the wavelengths of electrical activity in the brain can be therapeutic. It bears watching. Cautious optimism is probably a good view to take of it all, and especially the "caution" part, as it applies to stuff that is being sold on the internet with rather overblown promises...

wip

Comment

A Work in Progress;394872 wrote: This stuff is pretty intriguing. I've reviewed quite a lot of what has been written so far in the professional (neuroscience and psychology) scientific journals about all this. So far, there are no studies in the literature indicating any long-term beneficial effects at all, whether for alcohol-related problems, or other variables, in using these devices. At this point, very little is actually understood about how (or even whether) attempts at directly manipulating the wavelengths of electrical activity in the brain can be therapeutic. It bears watching. Cautious optimism is probably a good view to take of it all, and especially the "caution" part, as it applies to stuff that is being sold on the internet with rather overblown promises...

wip
          Thanks for that WIP, I tried the Holysync stuff a few years ago, and cannot honestly say it did anything for me, but again as a heavy drinker I very much doubt if I was using it regularly.

This Neuroprogrammer however, I like; you can make your own suggestions which can be heard over the Brain Entrainment stuff, so while the entrainment stuff relaxes you your own voice can be heard telling you 'You Love drinking water when you go out' or 'You really enjoy fruit and salads' or you can also use the suggestions provided, so not being an expert on brainwaves or anything else, I feel it is rather more of a rather neat self-hypnosis tool.

The sessions with the flashing lights on the screen bore me rather as if I am sat in front of the PC I want to be reading or SOMETHING not just staring at the screen- however to make some sessions on the MP3 player to use while drifting of to sleep I really like, I also find it a great sleep aid!

Whether it will help against addictions who knows- but I do feel it is another useful tool, and if it makes you feel good or sleep well, I think that's good enough for me, and this one was only $44. I found the Holysync very expensive for what is was.

Comment

I think you have it exactly right, Marbella, to the extent that the machinery provides a format that encourages mental rehearsal, or positive suggestions (self-hypnosis, possibly), and/or healthy sleep, then you are certainly getting good results. Whether it has anything to do with what the developers SAY their machines are doing, is another question!

wip

Comment

Working...
            X