Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chocolate, and why we might be craving it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was reading on a body building site this morning and came across some commentary about chocolate raising seratonin levels in the brain. I remembered reading somewhere or other around here over the last week or so some comments about people craving chocolate when going abs, even though they didn't crave it when they were drinking. Maybe that is why?

I'm no expert on this subject - just curious about all the brain chemistry stuff. So this linked article is just something I found interesting - nothing I can say is absolutely scientifically accurate based on my personal PhD in Chocolatology or anything.

Chocolate on the Brain

I too have craved chocolate at times since quitting drinking. And it seems that if I give into that craving, I can easily get way out of control with the chocolate. The linked article mentioned Tryptophan which led me back to Amazon to by the Mood Cure for myself! Still thinking I have some amino acid issues.

Anyway...maybe someone who is more experienced in Chocolatology than me can comment.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Hmmmm, as I happily sit here munching my way through a 420g box of Celebrations, I must say...........I do think there`s a definite link to quitting drinking and enormous, all-consuming chocolate cravings. Slurp...........I soooooooooooooo cannot help myself!!!!! :H

Seriously, I have never taken any of the recommended supps, but I really think I should start taking L-glut............I`m currently a UK size 10..............wanna be an 8!!!!!!! :upset:

Star x
    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Well DG you got my brain right today! I know I should put this in the recipe section, but since we're on the subject:

Ganache Recipe With Picture - Joyofbaking.com
      Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
      AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Hi...

Iam very crazy about chocolates....
        I can't stop having it..
        Do know think im addicted to it!!

Comment

Its is well known when you give up the booze that your body now wants to get the sugar that it was getting from booze, so hence us eating the sweets at this time. When I gave up the booze for November, during the first week I just had to eat the wrong foods i.e. as my body was craving it.

Be good!

Comment

Working...
          X