X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Hypnotherapy Experience

Hypnotic cds

Rivergirl,
    Congratulations..on the 37 af days....did you like the cds right from the first? I find them ok, but somewhat annoying.....thanks, My

Comment

Oh yes, I did find them annoying at first. In fact I tried them once and kind of got annoyed- I had about 7 day AF then decided to get serious about following the program the CD pack recommends - since then I haven't had a drink and have barely even thought of it.

I am no longer annoyed by the idiosyncrasies of the voice and pronunciations - the benefit outweighs the annoyance by FAR.

best to you,
      Rivergirl

Comment

I've tried hypnosis cds at home, but our house is NEVER empty or quiet, and i always get distracted by outside noise...after reading the info here, I have booked my first consultation ..the lady sounded lovely on the phone, very gentle, and a beautiful voice (accents really bug me to the point of not being able to concentrate on the message, just the pronounciation!)....she was very accomodating with the time schedule too...I find it difficult to get time off work and do loooong hours, but she was fine about a later evening appointment...all going well...I really liked the sound of her...
        Then we found out, through more conversation, that I know her son, who has cerebral palsy and attended the same unit that the young man I look after does (her son has now left).....this made me feel a bit funny I must admit...
        I'm not quite so sure about addressing my issues with her now in case it reflects badly on the place I work for (how COULD they employ an alcoholic depressive to look after people who have special needs????????????????)
        However, I will go for the consultation, as I liked the 'sound' of her and her gentle manner so much, but will discuss things initially and try and explain a bit (I have NEVER been drunk at work...and put my all into my job as I really love it, and the guys that I work with)......not sure though.....damn it!!!!!!!, but she really made me feel great on the phone about her if you know what I mean...and I think that's really important....

Any thoughts on this????????????

Comment

Weemelon, Wow,That all sounded so good until the scary part about the potential loss off anonymity. Well some encouraging things are that you have been AF for so long and are looking for assurance of continued success - you are going on your own and showing responsibilty and integrity in all you have accomplished and by making the call.

She is also bound by professionasl ethics so protect your identity unless there is a very real threat to your immediate safety or the immediate safety of someone else... obviously not the case.

On the other hand - the issues of pride and all is a tough one here. I'll bet your reaad oon her voice will prove consistent with her nature. As the mother of a chiild with celebral palsey she has undoubtedly battled demons of her own.

Brave melon -let us know how it goes for you.

Rivergirl.

Comment

Thanks River,...I sort of thought the same myself about the ethics code etc, but...well....just feels a bit weird...you know??

Thanks for the comments...nice to have a bit of mental back up...

Have a good day...the consultation isn't next Monday I've realised, but the one after so I shall post the findings then...........

(If you see my face on the front pages of the tabloids with a lovely "IS YOUR CHILD SAFE WITH THIS WOMAN....? SIGN OUR PETITION NOW!!!.....type headline, you'll know that personal ethics are not all that.............

(oh please let that be a joke...please, please!!!!)

Comment

My dear Canny Cantaloupe,

I understand only too well the angst this causes a professional such as yourself. Just my opinion.....and I only know you from reading your posts but:

I would trust you with either of my children - and gladly - to have such keen wit, sharp intellect, wholesome candor, honest guileless affection, and that perfect mix of pride and humility that emanates from your posts you must be a truly remarkable person - any parent would be delighted to have your influence on their children.

I have a hunch this nice sounding lady will go home next Monday night saying a prayer of thanks to be blessed with such a one as you to help her son... and perhaps a tiny prayer of thanks that she may have had a chance to help you a bit in return for all you give to her son.

Comment

I completely agree with you Rivergirl.

Hey Wee! Did you want my 21 month old kid for the weekend???? She certainly would love your language of Melonese! I betcha after a weekend she would speak it better than she does English - much more fun!!

Just let me know where to send her... OK??

Comment

Awwwww...thanks for the offer of all your offspring...Not sure whether I should be pleased or frantic about this !!!LOL

Well anyway....decided to put the melonbrain out of it's turmoil, and phone the lady and halt the app't.....can't QUITE get the head round it, and don't want to feel uncomfortable in any way, which I will, regardless of any positive feedback from the therapist herself, there will always be a nagging thingy poking away at the lobes, which may render the experience defunct (I like that word!)

So will change to another therapist on Monday and make sure that this whole deal starts off with me feeling as comfortable as I possibly can...I reckon that's the best way to go

Thank you so much for your kind words though...the melonhead is twice it's normal size this evening...I now have to grease myself before I go through doorways!!!!!
                  Big hugs you lovely girls......xxx

Comment

Heavenly Honeydew,

Love the image of your very brainy greased melon squeezing through doorways - good thinking regarding the appointment. We know it will turn out just great- it's for Melon so it must.

Riv

Comment

Working...
                    X