Milk Thistle -- can you OD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if too much milk thistle can be harmful, especially if taken in large doses at one time (by accident)? But also a considerable, but regular, amount over a long period of time?
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Hi there
    I looked this up once as the person who sold it to me made such a big deal about sticking to the dosage. Basically, you should stick to the recommended dosage, but if you take too much you may experieince headaches, a mild laxative effect, bloating and gas. A one off accidental dosage probably won't have any long term effects, but it wouldn't be a good idea to make it a habit. Taking more than the recommended dosage won't help you detox any faster, or repair your liver faster.

Comment

Beatle, the only side effect I'm familiar with would be diarrhea due to the excess bile production.
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

hi bug,hahha,beatle you can overdose on anything,one of the reasons were here is cauase we did to much ? ive just started a new program,to much vitamin D can kill you,and i believe it says that on the bottle ? gyco

Comment

Working...
        X