don't take l-gluatmine with juice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just started on l-glutamine and have been mixing it with orange juice. Today I wanted to do some research to see if l-glutamine helps with heart-burn currently I have to take prilosec otc every 4 days or i get pretty bad heartburn. so i found this article -

Glutamine – Helpful for Heartburn or Not? |

at the bottom it says:

"If you have trouble taking powdered supplements, try glutamine tablets for heartburn. Take between 1 and 4 tablets twice a day with water. Do not take them with juice, as this will trigger acid production and ruin glutamine’s activity against heartburn."

So, I thought I'd post this here to see what else could be used besides water, would gatorade work?

I take powdered l-glutamine (which works a lot better for me) with Re-Charge, which is the health-food store version of Gatorade. IMO Gatorade would be great - gives you electrolytes, which are especially important for anyone taking baclofen (me).

The juice (especially orange juice)-acid thing makes sense to me. Also - l-glutamine is really helpful for stabilizing blood sugar, so taking it with juice, which is high-sugar, seems counter-productive.

The research I've done on l-glute says it is indeed especially helpful for the "enteric nervous system" - the gut. Looks like your're on the right path.
    "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Not having read the article posted, you might want to reduce the acide (OJ) in your diet to help your gut ... OJ is extremely high in sugar too. Grapefruit would be a better choice.

Comment

That's an interesting article. Thanks for posting it Username1.

Comment

Working...
        X