So VERY tired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So VERY tired

Hi Pixie, I am having the exact opposite problem. I can't sleep at all. I have always taken one half to 1 miligram of xanax to help me sleep. With my 2 bottle a night wine habit I slept like a baby. But now with trying to be A/F I find I cannot sleep at all. I don't want to increase the xanax dosage. I have been taking it 6 years and you can not stop taking it. I was worried that the calms forte would mess with the xanax in a negative way. Do any of you take xanax? But Pixie this about you. I hope you find something that works for you.
    Mar

Comment

So VERY tired

My tiredness has been leveling out. I'm not as completely wiped out. I moved everything that could make me tired to the nighttime and I added some ginko biloba to the morning. Still tired, but not as bad. Usually I get most tired around 4pm. I actually increased the calms forte at night to 3 of them, so I'm TOTALLY conked out. I'm DREAMING alot. Maybe that's helping me catch up...who knows. I'm still tinkering with everything.

I'll keep you guys updated. I'm thinking of adding some L-Tyrosine somewhere. I've ordered a few books on Amino Acids. I think the AA is helping with cravings and a few other things that is making me feel better over all, but I'd like to be awake to experience feeling better. I'll let you guys know if I find out anything ground breaking.
      --
      "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
      -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

So VERY tired

Hello my sleepy friends! I've been doing alot of reading over the last few hours and I've come up with a theory that I'd like to share. My theory about why I personally am so tired has to do with dopamine.

First, I know that alcohol has an effect on dopamine production. As a depressant, when we ingest booze, the body ups the production of dopamine, to keep us even, until we get so drunk that the body can't keep up and we go to sleep. This over production of dopamine is what causes the shakes when we come down, and heart palpatations in more severe cases.

Knowing that, I had a feeling that my newly found exhaustion had something to do with amino acids, so I did some research and decided to buy a book...The Edge Effect..(I'll put links at the bottom). I took the BioNature assessment and discovered that I have a moderate dopamine deficiency that is likely a lifelong inherited deficiency (my mother and my sister are both tired beings as well). I also have a severe GABA deficiency which would account for my tendency towards being a big booze hound.

The MWO program seems to do a GREAT job of addressing the GABA issue esspecially when you are including the added GABA and L-glutamine recommendations (GABA regulates calm as opposed to sleep), but does not seem to address a possible dopamine problem. Since it seems most people drink to relax, this makes sense. But, have you ever had a drink as a "pick me up"? I have - alot - this is the dopamine effect, and might need to be addressed as well.

The book says that a dopamine deficiency can also lead to drinking and addiciton issues (more so drug issues, but drinking too due to the stimulating effect that the first drink or two gives you). This makes sense to me. I have the hardest time with my cravings when I'm tired. (And it's MOST difficult when I'm BOTH tired AND stressed).

So, I've decided to make some adjustments to my amino profile based on the recommendations in the book. I'm going to keep the Amino Complete in my supplement program, but cut it down to half or two-thirds. In the morning, I'm going to add 1000mg each of L-tyrosine, L-Mehionine, and L-phenylanine (all precursors to dopamine production). If that is too stimulating, I might split that into 500 mg at breakfast and 500 at lunch but I seem to forget to take things at lunch so I'm hoping to avoid that.

The Edge Effect Assessment is available for free online without having to buy the book on the authors website (link below). If you want to take it and email me your results, I'll tell you what supps he recommends.

The Edge Effect Book:
        [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Edge-Effect-Longevity-Balanced-Advantage/dp/1402722478/sr=8-1/qid=1170356635/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-3040013-4063368?ie=UTF8&s=books]Amazon.com: The Edge Effect: Achieve Total Health and Longevity with the Balanced Brain Advantage: Books: Eric R. Braverman[/ame]

The Nature Assessment Test:
        Dr. Bravermans Nature Assessment Test: Dr. Braverman Nature Assessment Test - Path Medical, Integrative Medicine
        --
        "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
        -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

So VERY tired

Interesting!! Please let me know how it works for you. I definitely drink to pick myself up. I did not know you could take anything to increase the dopamine. Thanks for the info. I am taking the GABA at night and it seems to help with sleep a lot...........
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

So VERY tired

ihbhk,

Thanks for sharing your research! I also tend to have stronger urges to drink when I'm tired. When I have a chance I will take the assessment test. I would LOVE to find something to make me less sleepy. Please let us know how your supplement changes work for you.

pixie
            AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

So VERY tired

I'm with Lush... the GABA really makes me sleepy!
              :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

So VERY tired

i was dreadfully tired for the first 2wks of not drinking and very very weary by 4pm. Now after 3wks i'm much more alive and more motivated to pick myself up. I used a tonic called metatone which you can get in any chemist. Its used for tiredness and feeling run down. It helped.

Comment

So VERY tired

I haven't gotten my supllementa yet....I am EXHAUSTED!!! I feel like the walking dead...the last time I was this tired was when I was pregnant 14 yrs ago.....everyone says it will soon pass. I sure hope so...

Comment

So VERY tired

Tired are you drinking plenty of water? That might help a little......
                    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

So VERY tired

I will increase it Lush...thanks. My stuff mailed out yesterday so I should get it today or tomorrow.

Comment

So VERY tired

hi i find that i sleep like a log all the time i have a job to wake up and i have the most amazing dreams usually about flowers or flying ang when i wake up i am so peaceful and full of energy i am using this energy at the moment on the house and garden that i have sadly negetided over the years. I think that its our bodies way of healing and our brains.there was me while i was drinking i thought that i would nt sleep unless i blacked out how wrong was i!

Comment

So VERY tired

Tired

Apparently when we 'Sleep' or should I say pass out after drinking we do not go into proper REM sleep and toss, turn, snore, sleep walk, wee in plant pots !!! etc so it is not the proper sleep we need to sort out the days worries and process thoughts - therefore although we wake up thinking we slept allnight - we have been on the 'surface' of sleep if that makes any sense.

When we stop drinking we go into the deeper, refreshing sleep so that although it is better for us we feel muggy and cotton wool headed in the morning.

This will go usually after a week depends on person - like Lush says plenty of water and exercise - even a long walk - will refresh you.

Remember it is all good !!and if you can have little 15min naps or mediations - they will help. (maybe draw some eyes on your eyelids so you can snooze in front of the monitor at work.

Good luck !!

Love S

Comment

Working...
                          X