Amoryn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amoryn

I'm starting this discussion because a few members were interested in the effects/helpfulness of Amoryn. I have just taken my first dose this morning, so I really can't comment at this point. Please offer any experience you have with Amoryn.

Thanks and hope this is a good informative thread!

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

Amoryn

LibraryGirl;1367054 wrote: I'm starting this discussion because a few members were interested in the effects/helpfulness of Amoryn. I have just taken my first dose this morning, so I really can't comment at this point. Please offer any experience you have with Amoryn.

Thanks and hope this is a good informative thread!
    Not for me, but for my wife, I am VERY interested in hearing some feedback, thanks in advance
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Amoryn

I "think" Lavanade takes it?????
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Amoryn

I had to google it because I had never heard of it, eager to hear how it works for you? How often do you take?
        And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

Amoryn

Hi Library Girl, found a link Lav had posted earlier, hope this helps. PQ

Ingredients | AMORYN | Natural Formula for Depression and Anxiety

Comment

Amoryn

Thank porquoi. I am already taking the supplement. Yes, Lav takes it and recommends it. I was able to get information from her, and then able to order it for myself. The purpose of this thread is to document how well it works for those who are taking it.

I am taking 2 capsules a day, or will. On the bottle it recommends one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Amoryn

There are a host of warnings on the bottle as well...namely, do not mix with AD's or MAOI's...may reduce effectiveness of birth control, and some other meds...I am a good candidate, from what I have read, as I do not take anything else.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Amoryn

I don't take anything else but the birth control and seeing I am just getting one out of the nest I definitely do not want to reduce the effectiveness of it! Ha! LOL

Still curious how it goes for you and would actually be willing to give it a try if I knew someone had positive results!
                And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

Amoryn

Hi Vivien.

I take Amoryn--Lav's recommendation, and I have the utmost respect for her and trust what she says. I had been on Paxil for a few months starting in Noember when I went to rehab. It seemed to work great, but I had heard a lot about how hard it is to stop taking it, and it seemed that the longer you take it, the harder the withdrawal can be. I cut back slowly and the only symptom I had was a kind os whooshing sound in my ears when I got up in the a.m. Anyway, I do think that the great majority of my anxiety was a direct result of my drinking--and the trouble I got into as a result. Anyway, I started taking the Maoryn, but had relapsed, and I know it doesn't work if you are drinking. But I have been AF for 12 days now, and have taken one Amoryn a day, and honestly, I do not feel anxious at all! I tried taking two a day, but I am 110 lbs. and it was too much-made me feel very spacey. I take it late afternoon, as earlier seemd to make me feel a little spacey too. I think it is certainly worth trying it! If you order from the company, they will send an email about how to use it, how long it might take (weeks, even) and how you might actually feel more anxious at first. I say Go for it!
                  PM me if you have any questions, although Lav has taken it for a long time!
                  Good luck!
                  TDN
                  "One day at a time."

Comment

Amoryn

Hi LB - May I jump in on your thread as after looking at both amoryn and seredyn, I ordered the seredyn and expect arrival of such today. I do not feel depressed but have been having anxiety, even close to panic attacks this summer. The email I rec'd from the company states that it's hard to tell which one would work better for you.

TDN - thanks for your input. I weigh a bit more than you but think I'll start off at 1/day also. Glad you didn't have too much withdrawal from Paxil. I had terrible withdrawal even going off slowly under dr. recommendation. Talk about poison - that stuff is lethal, IMO. Now I know there is a purpose for SSRI's but for me - never again.

LB - how are you doing now after 10 days?

TMH
                    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Amoryn

Thanks for bringing this post back up TMH. Unfortunately, I have been taking the Amoryn sporadically, because I forget about it. I can't really say how well it's working.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Amoryn

Woke up feeling anxious this a.m. and yes, drank last night. Did not feel hungover, but certainly anxious. Decided to try the seredyn. It helped a bit. We decided to go to church, and normally I don't do well with dh's driving. Today I was calm as can be. It works.

TMH
                        The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Amoryn

That's fantastic TMH. After such a short period of taking it too! I'm glad to hear that it works. I'm sure many of us could benefit from that supplement (Sederyn).

I wanted to say that one of the reasons I've been forgetting to take Amoryn is because I learned within the first three or so days of taking it, that it makes me nauseus unless I've eaten something. Very nauseus. So, in the mornings I always eat breakfast after I get to work, and I don't think to take the Amoryn with me...I had intended to start taking it in the evenings, but there again, I wait until after I eat, then in the middle of something and forget again, lol. If I could take it first thing in the mornings it would be easier, but my stomach can't handle it. Just ate some lunch and will take one now.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
                          X