PRO BIOTIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRO BIOTIC

Any one have any idea of effects of probiotic fermented milk while withdrawal ?
    i guess i feel little better .

PRO BIOTIC

Hi Man, (here's my 2-pennies worth)

I haven't seen or heard in my own experience with keifer or my research specifically regarding probiotics and alcohol withdrawl, either positive or negative. But I do drink keifer (fermented milk) every day unless I forget, and it certainly hasn't caused me any problems.

In my case, I take probiotics because I've been afflicted with diverticulitis for the last 15 years including surgery and courses of antibiotics more numerous than I can count. My doctor will not prescribe them for a flair up unless my white-blood-cell count is high enough. He doesn't want to mess with my gut flora unless absolutely necessary. But the keifer along with healthy diet has not required me to go back on antibio since I made fruits and vegs the majority of my diet and very little grains (except in the AL bevs).

So I use probio as another good habit in my tool bag to continue improving my health. A healthy digestive system the foundation for a healthy immune system so it doesn't matter to me whether it helps with alcohol issues, it's just a good idea and helps my body cope with whatever life throws at me (including me, ha).

I've felt myself getting stronger on dietary changes alone, despite only recently working on a slow taper of the AL.

Best,
    -HD
    Note to self: Stand and deliver! :bat

Comment

PRO BIOTIC

i did a month long binge drinking ,i abruptly stopped and started to sweat etc etc etc .
      i just drank 5 bottles of pro biotic plus water ,high dosage of multi vitamins ,then Ate guava (a fruit with highest vitamins).than i start to drink stomach full of water ,after urination again i drink .2nd day by noon i was completely normal with no sweatiness ,no shivers , i was just feeling like normal person. Pro biotics really improving my health (in general). yes as you said lots of fruits and veggis . check out about the tropical fruit called guava .

Comment

PRO BIOTIC

Thanks for the tip on the guava, I'll see if I can get some here in the great lakes region of the US.

Best wishes and good job pushing back against the AL!

-HD
        Note to self: Stand and deliver! :bat

Comment

PRO BIOTIC

Alcohol can severely damage intestinal flora. Pro biotics repair. The end....seriously you can't get too much good biotic.
          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

PRO BIOTIC

Hi RC (or anyone!)
            I seem to recall reading somewhere that probiotics have to be stored in fridge or else they're no use? Was it you?! Is that the case? Just I'm looking at some that say they are stable at room temperature and wondered... Here's the link
            Probiotics
            Thanks

Comment

PRO BIOTIC

how odd i was just googling probiotics! i swear every time i take them i get a headache,am i just a weirdo?
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

PRO BIOTIC

paulywogg;1495808 wrote: how odd i was just googling probiotics! i swear every time i take them i get a headache,am i just a weirdo?
                yes.

Comment

Working...
                X