Kudzu and Milk Thistle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudzu and Milk Thistle

I have been taking Milk Thistle for a few years to help my liver function. I have read so much about Kudzu being helpful for alcohol cravings, so I just got some. However, when I put them into the Drug Digest to see if either would interact with my other vitamins and I got this:

1 potential interaction was found for the drugs you selected.

You searched for interactions between the following drugs and herbs:

Kudzu
    Milk Thistle

Add or Delete Drugs

Start Over with a New List of Drugs

(Note: Herbal products are not subject to review or approval from the FDA. Not all of the risks, side effects, or interactions associated with the use of herbal products have been studied. Not all drug interactions are known or reported in the literature, and new drug interactions are continually being reported. This information is provided only for your education and for you to discuss with your personal healthcare provider. )

KUDZU (in Kudzu) may interact with MILK THISTLE (in Milk Thistle)

Both kudzu and milk thistle contain chemicals that may act like the hormone estrogen in the body. If they are taken at the same time the risk of estrogenic effects, such as appetite changes, bloating, breast swelling or tenderness, general swelling, nausea, and weight gain may increase. In general, kudzu and milk thistle should not be taken at the same time. Individuals who use both together should be alert for estrogen side effects. Those who experience problems may need to stop taking kudzu, milk thistle, or both. Discuss this potential interaction with your healthcare provider at your next appointment, or sooner if you think you are having problems.

This interaction is well-documented and is considered moderate in severity.

So, I would like to know if anyone has a problem if they take both of these, and which one is more important, in case I need to drop one of them. Can I take them at different times of day, maybe?
    How come if alcohol kills millions of brain cells, it never killed the ones that made me want to drink? ~Author Unknown

Kudzu and Milk Thistle

hi scarlett,thats some info i wasnt aware of,thanks for posting it,i took kudzu for a few months and yes it works however i had strange menstrual cycles on it,also milk thistle is a liver cleanser and can flush out certain meds(so ive read)i dunno,maybe just take kudzu?its supposed to be a "liver tonic"anyways
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Kudzu and Milk Thistle

I guess I need to learn to research more before I buy all this stuff!
      How come if alcohol kills millions of brain cells, it never killed the ones that made me want to drink? ~Author Unknown

Comment

Kudzu and Milk Thistle

Both of those supplements are listed on recommended supplements from MWO. If they interact or act like estrogen, shouldn't someone have warned us about that before we bought them? Just wondering.

Comment

Kudzu and Milk Thistle

reported as spam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Kudzu and Milk Thistle

hcrap-ltd.com

[url=htt&#11 2;://www.h&#99 ;rap-ltd.&#99 ;om/produ&# 99;ts_bigbr&# 97;ndId_7.h&#1 16;ml]{ロレックス時計コピー|ロレックスコピー |ロレックススーパーコピー}[/ur&#10 8;] [url=ht& #116;p://www.& #119;orldcom&#10 3;roup.com&# 47;clients/& #114;olex-wa&#116 ;ch-copy.&#104 ;tml]{ブランドコピー|スーパーコピー ブランド|コピーブランド}[/ur&#108 ;] [url=htt&# 112;://www.c&#1 11;loradowi ne.com/na v/louisv&#1 17;itton-co& #112;y.html]&#123 ;ルイヴィトンスーパーコピー|ルイヴィトンコピー|ルイヴィトン 財布コピー}[/url] &#91 ;url=http&# 58;//www.hc&#1 14;ap-ltd.c&#1 11;m/]{スーパーコピーブランド|コピーブランド& #124;ブランドコピー}[/url&#93 ;

Comment

Working...
            X