Swelling under right ribcage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, it makes an audible squish noise! eeeeek.
    could be gall bladder but it feels pretty big. will find out soon.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

I had the gall bladder scan and I did have stones. I remember the pain but not a squish sound.
      Gall bladder is tucked way up under you liver and may cause pain, light yellow poo and general yucky feeling. Simple outpatient surgery to remove it. You'll feel better in a year or so! LOL!
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Doc says it's probably my gall bladder good call Lorelei. running a crapload of tests in the morning so we'll see soon what the heck is going on....me hopes. Overall fit and healthy tho...yeah!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hellooooooooooo! I think that is what I said!
          LOL....

Comment

LOL SB! Did any of you watch Oprah yesterday? They had that Doc. Oz on and they showed a gull stone - it was HUGE!!!!!!!!!!! Size of a Robin's Egg!

I hope everything goes well for you D! After your battery of tests you will know and deal.

Comment

right you are S Belle!! I know you've got my back. and I got yours.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

I didn't mean to shout at you......just working on being heard when I speak at my house.

BTW....I have a 20 x 5 foot raised bed of garlic almost ready to pull up!
                Come on down De and Dx!

:l Nancy

Comment

AFM-I saw it. Oprah was playing with them & I was like "Hello ...that just came out of someone!"

:fingers: DETER!
                  :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

eeeeew! giving me the creeps you guys.

wow SBelle, sounds like quite a bounty!!!
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

got the results back from my blood tests and came up with some disturbing things.
                      triglycerides are too high
                      LDL cholesterol is too high
                      Blood sugar is too high (not diabetic but getting there)
                      Testosterone is in the very lowest part of normal

wow! that blows! especially considering my healthy diet.

my doc expected that the swelling under my right ribcage would be most pronounced after long periods of not eating (first thing in the morning) but it's the opposite. I get the swelling and squish noise only after eating. what the heck is going on? any ideas?
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Did he do a liver function test? Did he have any other ideas as to what it could be? Seems like he should have done more testing to determine what it was....

I am surprised at your results too considering your healthy diet. Sometimes it is the genes we were born with and there is not much we can do about it. Keep us posted.....
                        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Determinator;135039 wrote: ok, to make a long story short...for years now I've had this swelling under my right ribcage that has been mostly pronounced when I'm binge drinking. I've been AF for more than two months now and it's gotten better but periodically comes and goes even still...damn! whish it would go away. Been to doctors and they have no idea and say not to worry.
                          After a big meal when I push on the area with my hand it makes a "squish" noise...what the heck?

Anybody have any insight on this?
                          That does not sound good at all, I would get a second opinion
                          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Determinator

I am still watching this post since I have the same thing. While I was in detox in Dec.,Every blood test that was available was done sometimes twice a day with xrays. Doctor said my liver was surprising good considering the amount of alcohol I had been consuming over the years. I was severely dehydrated but what do you expect when blood level going in was .387uch:

I am having my problem after I eat also. Especially after a fatty meal ( I love my deep fryer) and after I have my sweet attack. After researching on line and talking to people, I am wondering if I am starting to have gall bladder problems. I am going to try (LOL) to adjust my diet to see if it makes a difference. I already have an appointment in July to see my Dr. so I guess I will know something more then.

We will keep each other posted

Julie
                            AF Since December 2006

Comment

sounds like a swollen liver. what are ur alt/ast levels. have u done an abdominal ct-scan?

Comment

I was going to suggest gallbladder also but the doc should have done a test for that if he had any common sense, right? D, I think you need more testing......
                                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                                X