Prozac and pregnancy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prozac and pregnancy?

Does anyone know from personal experience if it is safe to take prozac while pregnant.? I've researched online and most sites said it's pretty safe.

Prozac and pregnancy?

I took it when I was pg with twins in 1995. The doctor wasnt too concerned, however there may be safer ADs out now. I literally stopped sleeping in my 4th month and became horribly depressed because of lack of sleep. After I started Prozac in my 6th month I was good to go, except for the usual crap associated with a multiple pregnancy! I delivered via c-section on my due date.

I'm more concerned about maternal mental health, because stress can be detrimental to an unborn fetus.

Hope you are ok!

sam

Comment

Prozac and pregnancy?

Thanks Sam! But it's not me that's pregnant.... it's my daughter lol.... she was taking it before and stopped but I see her going back into that depression hole. So she promised to get back on it.... then found out she's pregnant. Don't know how far yet. :thanks:

Comment

Prozac and pregnancy?

It's much better mate if you consult a doctor pregnancy is sensitive.
        Alcohol will hit you bad but you can always turn your back
        Alcohol can bring a lot of misery but there is a solution because it's not a mystery
        Alcohol will give you pleasure but in the future it will give you pain that you cannot treasure

Comment

Prozac and pregnancy?

Thanks Marty! That's what we decided to do!

Comment

Working...
          X