Garlic and lung cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garlic and lung cancer

Well, cancer is on my mind a lot lately, so I've been doing a bit of research, and thought I would pass this along. A recent study concluded that eating several cloves of raw garlic a week can cut your lung cancer risk in half - even for smokers. Kudos to the "stinking rose."

See here:
    Eating raw garlic may help cut risk of lung cancer almost in half, study finds | Fox News

or here, for those of you who like scientific proof :
    Raw garlic consumption as a protecti... [Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2013] - PubMed - NCBI
    Everything is going to be amazing

Garlic and lung cancer

yay! thanks Moss Rose. I pulled this up just as I'm sitting down to a bowl of broccoli with loads of garlic in it
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Garlic and lung cancer

Det - I'm just about to eat a bunch of garlic myself. My neighbors (I live in an apartment) must wonder about me. The smell of garlic must waft out of here and down the hall. LOL. Being a former long-term smoker, I know I have that window"of time where lung cancer is still a major threat. So doing everything I can to prevent it. Bon appetit.
      Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Garlic and lung cancer

Seeing this - Det, have you ever been to the "Stinking Rose" in SF - right up your alley. If not you will have to make a stop on your next trip!
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Garlic and lung cancer

I am a little late posting on this. Yes, garlic is much more than just a natural antibiotic as you have noted. I have found it to be less "stinky" by peeling it without smashing and cutting into tiny pieces and swallowing it like pills. I'm sure everyone knows it loses it's strength when cooked (still tastes great! but that's an individual choice).
          Be Well,

Jenn
          The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes....Marcel Proust

Comment

Working...
          X