No announcement yet.

Fasting pre and post chemo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear how well you are moving through this - and I hope that you can manage your timeline. I am sorry you have to deal with FIL when you will hopefully be enjoying the end of this journey! It should be your time and sharing it will be tough - but I am sure you will find a way to make the best of it, you seem to have a real gift for that!
    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Just heard from my second friend about her biopsy results. She was positive for BC. She will meet with a surgeon on the 14th to schedule the lumpectomy. It is only the size of a BB so it should only require radiation, like my other friend. My niece goes for her biopsy today. Thanks for letting me post about this here. It makes me feel a little less helpless sharing it with all of you. :/

Comment

Ginge - big hugs! They are lucky to have you as a friend during this time - just ensure you look after yourself too....

Comment

Gosh, Ginger, I'm so sorry that so many people in your life are struggling right now. I hope your niece receives better news.

Happy, I hope you're feeling good and have some energy to commit to the things you enjoy. xx, NS

Comment

MAE all. Ginge, I can only say what SL has said, your friends are lucky to have a friend like yourself around for them. And I've got everything crossed, hoping for a good result for your niece.

It's funny isn't it, when I started this thread I thought it was a simple question and answer about diet. It's evolved into a lot more, maybe a different name on the whole thing would have made it seem less exclusive and more like people could contribute or share their thoughts or stories. Cancer, in so many forms, touches and will touch a lot of folks here. Unfortunately.

So...LAST BLOOD TEST...done and dusted. NS, energy levels are up and down so I do mostly only commit to those things that I love, and that's mostly time with family at the moment. It's all good. x

Comment

Last chemo day, done! wish I felt more like celebrating, this one took it out of me and I've been in zzzz land ever since I got home :happy2: Follow up appointment with the oncologist halfway through radiation and I am in his care for the next five years. The bonus here with the type of treatment that I've had, and this is for triple negative breast cancer, is that there are no long term drugs to be taken. So only radiation to go, and the standard mammogram each year.

Osso bucco for dinner with a side of vegetables. Cannot wait. Seeing the nutritionist tomorrow to check in on my weight gain and the type of diet that will be in place for next stage.

I'm feeling more alert as I'm typing this, hoping that I can handle the fatigue levels from radiation, will just play that as I've played chemo I think. All good xx

Comment

I'm SO glad for you Happs. xxxxxxxxxx
                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Thanks for checking in. I know sometimes you probably wish you could just "NOT". We all appreciate your taking the time though. I love you and send you continued healing thoughts for the next part of this journey. You are my hero!

Comment

Yeah MHP - you did it, and I am so chuffed!
                    I am sure you have mentioned, but my memories seems to be full of holes - how long will the radiation last?
                    As Ginger says, I do appreciate that you take the time and energy to check in...
                    Big hugs special lady!

Comment

Seems like you're using some of the "one day at a time" skills to deal with your treatments, Happy. It's probably a good approach for a lot of things that we waste our energy trying to manipulate and control.

I hope your nutritionist has some good (and tasty!) advice for you. I didn't know what Osso bucco is so I looked it up - YUM!!

I'm glad you don't have to take post-treatment drugs - that must have been welcome news. Keep treating yourself like the special person you are. xx, NS

Comment

MAE lovelies...if I post and then wake up the next day and see that you've all replied, you've no idea how happy it makes me.

Ginge, even though sometimes I don't feel like posting as you've said, I know when I look back it fills in the holes of how I was actually feeling or what even happened. Memory can get tricky ;-)

SL - its 30 sessions of radiation. I think that seems about standard, though I'm not sure! so every day - breaks for weekends and machine maintenance days. I've thought I might take a photo and put it on Instagram each day, not of the inside of the radiation machine! no way...something beautiful or that I care about. Yep, plan.

NS, so love reading your posts, really calming x

Comment

Happy, I hope your first radiation treatment went well and that you have few if any after effects. :hug:

Comment

Ditto that! I've been thinking about you today. Hoping all went well.

Comment

Hey lovelies...all ok today. The first treatment was a little more time consuming than the rest will be, just until we get into a schedule. Lots more lining up and making sure of position. Then basically being still while the machine does it stuff, first from one side of the breast and then from the other side.

Nutritionist was interesting. Diet is now low-fat and restricted calories. I'm on porridge (oatmeal) for breakfast to create a lining in the digestive tract. With low fat milk. Lunch is salad with chicken, egg or legumes, dinner fish and vegies. Snacks fruit or low fat yoghurt. The interesting thing was restricting fat intake two hours before radiation and four hours after, even fish oil tablets not to be taken in this time. Supps are same fish oil, vit B, vit D and still on the Nexium for awhile after radiation ceases. Add on's are 2 probiotics before bed and also one 5HTP. For my moods :eek-new: I was really interested when See the Light posted his listing of supplements in Holistics and this one was on there. I will report on how it works.

Oh, NS - bone broth too - one cup a day. And restricted red meat to once a week. Protein from other sources and lots of greens.

So a whole new regime. Being strict doesn't worry me, I had a last hurrah on the weekend with friends at a high tea. All one day at a time again, and that's cool and doable.

Comment

As usual, you sound upbeat and ready for the challenges that may come. Sounds like a pretty healthy diet they have you one. Can't help but lose a few pounds, I bet. Not sure you really want to do that though. Did you ever struggle with weight?

Your supplements are what I take every day. No fish oil for me but I do take Vit D, Bs, Probiotics and 5HTP (when I feel bummed out or stressed). These were all suggested by my naturopath about six years ago. I have to take the 5HTP in the morning only. If I take it at night I have disturbing dreams. Not sure why but I guess it's a known side affect.

Hope things move along smoothly for you. Thinking about you....

Comment

Working...
                                X