anyone done a body/colon/liver cleanse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for posting all this information. never thought about all of this..

Comment

I did a cleanse. Ate fruits for 2 days (1 particular fruit for each day and that is all), then went on to raw vegies after that. I cheated a bit, i used fried tofu (in soy sauce, which i think is allowed), but after about 10 days i felt great. My stomach was flatter, i had so much energy, and my eyes were really clear and their true colour. I felt like i was a kid again.

Also, i did a colon cleanse a few times. You drink the powder twice per day and after about day 2, you start to notice, your, err, faeces loosening (sorry to all those eating dinner) up. After this point, it turns to liquid, hence the cleanse. The thing is, if you feel like... err, blowing gas, don't. Because it might be something else, and i think you can guess what i mean. In other words, when it turns to liquid, you get an insatiable urge to go to the toilet. A lot.

It's really good though, just make sure you're prepared. If you're going to do the colon cleanse, start it on a Friday am or afternoon, so by Saturday or Sunday, you get to experience the full effect of it in privacy. Lol.
      One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

This is all very interesting. I'm just wondering, how do you manage to do these fasts or cleansing programs if you have a family that are eating normally and that you are responsible to feed? It must be almost impossible.

Also, when do you think is a good time to do it? I am 3 weeks+ AF and feeling pretty good.

Thanks for starting this thread.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

B - I would recommend telling your family that for a few days you are going to need your help in preparing meals and/or they're going to eat very quick convenient foods (so you don't have to do a lot of prepping and cooking). And - if your choice is to fast - after the third day you're not going to be hungry, so no worry about it being too tempting to put food into your mouth.

I haven't had success in being AF yet - but I would think that if you are feeling good now that NOW is the time!!

I like the idea of the cleanse that Change described. You still get to eat so you're not starving. Fruits are very cleansing, and what better time of year! And like I said before, the experience I've had with the raw food diet is that it is in itself extremely cleansing. Maybe something to try for awhile, see how you feel, and then it would be even easier to do a more directed cleanse.
          Hugs,
          imatree

Comment

Great advice Ima.

I wonder if you would get any effect by eating just raw fruit and veggies all day and then a normal (we are vegetarian) dinner at night? I guess I'll try that and see.

Also, how does coffee fit into this? I only drink one a day, but I really savour it and I usually have a latte or something with lots of milk. I guess this is a no-no for cleansing?
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

i not sure

on 1 medical site i saw milk thistle i think ? does any 1 know if this works 2 give the poor old liver a wash out, i think mine needs some help! also any suggestions 4 supps, i suffer froam I BS as well, although that may b from drink, my diet is poor, kids left overs ,crisps, an bacon sw from work, this is awfull i know, fruit and juice gives me awfull stomach pains, i do not really eat regularly or everday as i get bloated an suffer cramps ANY SUGGESTIONS except the obvious stop drinkin 1, thats the nxt step!!!!this colon cleanse dont sound nice,,!!!!!!!!!!!
              :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

B- The more raw you eat the better. And remember this includes raw nuts, which is good for adding protein. If you choose to eat a cooked dinner make sure there are no refined foods - like white flour, white rice, etc. I would keep dairy to a minimum also. When you cook veggies cook them ever so slightly! Use plenty of unrefined/expeller pressed extra virgin olive oil in your cooking (well, salads too), but don't heat it too hot - once it begins to smoke it's chemical composition has begun to change and it's no longer a 'good foood'. And you can add cleansing herbs to your day - like milk thistle. Maybe do some psyllium husk to help clean your colon (though you're getting plenty of fiber from raw vegs!)

Rachel, I'm not as knowledgable aboout herbs as I used to be.
                You can make changes slowly in your diet if needed. Add a a fresh salad everyday - not always lettuce, add some dark greens - spinach is a good one to start with if you're not used to more hardcore green salads. Salads can be so gratifying if you break froom the usual - add grated raw beets, half a can of chick peas, some cashews, shredded jicima....
                Listen to your body!! Also add more whole grains, or at least cut back on refined. If fruits make your tummy hurt skip em! I believe that if you begin to heal iwth a healthier diet this may change. I recommend slow changes (not too slow) and keep your food very simple coonsidering your IB, and DO eat regularly!

Coffee for cleansing... well, you're not going to like this... coffee (I've read) makes a very effective enema. eeewwww, I know.

My personal opinion, a cup a day is no big deal at all. Drink lots of green and herbal teas all day.
                Hugs,
                imatree

Comment

i m gnna have 2 make BIG BIG change i cant count how many cups of coffee i have a day, i ll replace every other 1 with water thats a good start ey, an its good time of year for salads so ill give it a go thanks xx

Comment

lol ill try the spinich c if i look like popeye!!! thanks an thanks 2 popeye 4 previous comments hope u r good !!

Comment

Hey Rachel - if you start to eat better you'll find you don't need the energy boost of coffee so much!
                      Hugs,
                      imatree

Comment

i have just had a big lettuce an spring onion sw, just ditched beer coffee, i will try a pint a water next, cheers x

Comment

Rachel,
                          definitely take Milk Thistle for the liver. It is scientifically shown to help heal livers damaged by drinking, among other things. It is completely natural and safe, no side effects, only problem is it is a bit pricey but worth it. Take double the recommended dose for a while, at least until you stop drinking. Evening Primrose oil is also suppose be a good supplement that also helps your brain chemistry that is off-balance from the alcohol so it makes quitting easier, as it says in that article previously refered to:

Alcoholism: A Physical Disease

otherwise also the MWO recommendations are good for healing the body in general and in specific ways that alcoholics need. If you don't want to buy the book, just look on the home page where it gives a list of the supplements suggested and how much to take.

You're on the right track with more water less beer (and coffee). keep it up.

Comment

I did a cleanse a couple of years ago and felt great! Lost a bit of weight, too. I got it through drnatura.com. It consisted of psyllium (sp?) along with a supplement for parasites and a nice senna tea at bedtime.

Comment

Working...
                            X