Do we really need food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we really need food?

Hey Zin.... Ahhh... "Bon Apetit" but, I'll pass thanks...

trying to quit...
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Do we really need food?

Hey Beatle,

I definitely "need" food. Love to cook. Love to eat. It is such a part of my life I cannot imagine just taking a supplement, even if that would suffice. Maybe that's why I need to lose weight, lol.

Comment

Do we really need food?

Lushy, you don't want to know!
        Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Do we really need food?

Beatle, the fact is, science only knows a fraction of what whole food does in the body. At this point in technology, there are too many things left unkown about the food we ingest, and how it works in the body. You need a bare minimum of calories to maintain life, plus that which we do energetically every day (sleeping, eating, breathing, moving, exercise, sex, the regular daily life). Beyond calories you need a bare minimum of vitamins, minerals, and fiber each day. And these need to come from good food sources-no drinking all the calories, then taking vitamin/mineral supps plus fiber tabs:H We just don't know what gets left out. What we DO know is that those who are on TPN (total parietal nutrition-ie... feeding tubes) have a HUGE problem with malnutrition and vitamin/essential fatty acid deficiencies. SOOOOOOOO..... long story somewhat shorter, keep eating those magnificent salads
          Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Do we really need food?

Try asking Determinator?:H

D. did you try the cold stop soup in the Recipe section? Hope you feel better soon. We missed you.
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Do we really need food?

I'm with you Ducky - I need food! - The supps instead of food question reminds me of the supps that came out a couple years back to give us what can easily be consumed in wine ... Resvinatrol ... I think it's called... just what this wino would look forward to at the end of a long day!

LOL, St. Jude ... now I would never come out and say "eat shit" but when you think of the implications of how we will eventually be able to manipulate matter atom-by-atom, it could mean the end of waste as we know it! Landfills will become matter-mines!

No flames, please, but nanotechnology is my justification for being such a sloppy and inconsistent recycler ... eventually everything will be recycled!
              "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

Do we really need food?

oops, I meant imatree for translation ...
                "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

Do we really need food?

What is the stuff they ate in the Matirix......everything the body needs and it tastes like Chicken! Let's get that! LOL
                  If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Do we really need food?

What was that other movie (looonnnnng time ago...?) Soylent green?
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Do we really need food?

"Soylent green is people!" Charlton Heston going up the conveyor belt! (If memory serves) Oops, spoiler, sorry.

Comment

Do we really need food?

oh dear...I get sick for a couple days and look what takes place
                        no space food for me....I would die of boredom. now the military does have these big horse-pills for emergency kits, but having tasted one it would have to be quite an emergency!
                        that reference from the Matrix is funny....I'm a matrix junkie.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Do we really need food?

yes SK, the cold stop is great..and soothing
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Do we really need food?

my biggest fear with "space food" is that the average person has now was to understand or verify what the heck it really is. at least a tomato is a tomato. and garlic....well.....it IS the perfect supplement. and self defence mechanism
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Do we really need food?

It's not the eating I want to get rid of, it's the preparation, cleaning up and CALORIES!!!!

I need a chef, a cleaner and a miracle!!!!
                              It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Do we really need food?

well, you see, we're right back where we started. It's the shopping, preparation, and washing up-- you could use your entire waking hours on that and still not eat as healthily as you should. I'm sick of it. Can somebody please invent an all-round perfect nutritious soylent green (vegetarian version please) for those of us who can't stand all that bother?
                                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X