lithium orotate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lithium orotate

ok, don't know if LO is homeopathic or not. Have not done enough research yet. Mostly though, I've only heard positive things about it. And at least it is natural.

As for your homeopathophobia, Determinator, I will just say that, yeh, I too am a doubter and questioner of everything, so I can relate to your feeling, BUT, that said, Homeopathy has in general gained a huge amount of respect even in traditional medical circles.

I can tell my own personal stories (ad nauseum) about how homeopathic remedies SAVED me and my loved ones where traditional medicine could not. For example, I always have arnicum with me, wherever I go -- this because I have a few little kids who have a tendency to scrape, burn, bruise, and otherwise hurt themselves in whatever way available. A quick dose of arnicum under the tounge just once or twice in the minutes and hours following the injury and let me tell you, these scrapes, burns, and bruises, etc. turn into nothing as fast as that.

Also, I have terrible pollen allergies, and my eye itching and watering drive me crazy. I have tried every medical option available and the only one that gives me relief is the homeopathic remedy euphrasia (what a lovely name, too!), My eyes love it. I can't live without it from May to July.

So that puts me in the homeopathy-believer camp, but only by way of experience. I encourage everyone to make their own decisions based on their own experience-- but don't rule out something based on prior prejudice. Try it and decide. That's my motto.

I want to try that lith-oratate stuff, if I can just get my hands on it. then I'll decide.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

lithium orotate

Just because it is natural does not mean it is good. Cyanide is natural. I hear Dr. Dean Edell talk about this misconception all the time.

Comment

lithium orotate

I hear it makes you bloated and if you are prone to acne you will break out.
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

lithium orotate

D, I would love to hear your experience with inositol. I will look into that as well.....and Lucky you are right. Natural does not neccesarily mean safe.
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

lithium orotate

The best thing would be to get someone who is trained in conventional medicine but also alternative/complementary medicine. I think this is particularly true for psychiatric issues because western medicine falls short for problems of the psyche.

Many major conventional providers (universities) now have associated centers for complementary medicine. If I wanted to take any of these natural supplements for a mental condition, I would prefer to have a consultation with such a doctor. It should be a holistic consultation, looking at conventional medication, diet, supplements-- the whole works.

For mental health,I think it is worth seeking out the right care.

I thank y'all for saving me a while back (lushy, maybe you were one who advised putting on the brakes?) from acting blindly on advice for taking the chinese herb mei wang... can't remember the name. sometimes when you really want a cure, you are willing to try anything.

also its hard to make assessments about which studies are most valid. Even experts have a tough time doing that. medical evidence is often contradictory and full of bias. Anecdotal reports are unreliable.

Comment

lithium orotate

So true Nancy, the docs need to be informed of what you are taking, natural or not. Some things just do not go together, like antidepressants and St John's Wort, or Lithium in whatever form and any kind of dodginess of your kidneys. Holistic does not mean go out and try and see what happens!

Cheers

Cashy
              "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

lithium orotate

LO

From what I can find out there has only been 1 human study done in 1973 in Germany on LO and much of the other info being provided on the net is coming from people who are selling these products...can't trust them. So I am trying to find out through this and other message boards what people's actual experience has been. I was wondering if I could ask those on it to list the brand, type and dosage you are taking and what your experience has been. I know that prescribed lithium often cause wieght gain ( Heaven knows I don't need no more of that).

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X