Taking the Kudzu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking the Kudzu

I started another kudzu thread a few weeks back, saying how much it helped me from day one. I don't think there is anything harmful whatsoever about it, and no side effects either. The main thing is it HELPS with the cravings (after a few weeks, I am still drinking, but far less and with far less will power needed). It is not a cure-all pill, and you still need to really WANT to stop/cut down.

What it does for me: 1)reduces obsessing about alcohol (when/where can I get my next drink?) and 2) Increases the effect alcohol has on me so I get more drunk from less alcohol.

Unlike what some others have said, however, for me it makes me feel like I have had MORE to drink the next morning (which is fine with me-- yet one more incentive to cut down).

Since I am not usually a daytime drinker, I wait and take the kudzu right about at the end of the workday so that it "kicks in" by the time I usually "dig in".

I also take l-glut (5-10g a day) and have done so for many months with no similar effect to the kudzu. I didn't expect much or anything from the kudzu either, so I can tell you my reaction is in no way psychosomatic.

I use MWO brand, and personally would be very careful about using another brand. I read somewhere that in a test of a random selection of brands on the market, most had no or little active ingredient. So if you do want to use another brand, do your research first.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

p.s. I take 2 or three of the MWO brand 1xday (approx. 4:00pm) or more often if I know there is going to be alcohol drinking earlier in the day, like say a business lunch or an office party.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

How long does one have to be taking Kudzu for it to start working. I am on my fourth day and still craving. Am I doing something wrong? I also take L-glut. I am following the recommendations on the bottles by MWO.

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

I can't speak for everyone else but I take 3 kudzu around 5 or 6. I don't take them during the day. Everyone takes them differently. Good Luck!
          Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

Thanks Noelle, I guess I better figure out when it is I am most likely to start drinking then take the kudzu. How long until it kicks in to stop the craving ? An hour? two ? I quit drinking with lunch before I ordered Kudzu.

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

Shaba, I am figuring taking it an hour or two before the 'witching hour'. I am new to it too so just gotta play with it, maybe the effect is cumulative or builds up the more you take it, maybe I saw that mentioned here.
              The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

I don't actually feel it kick in, but all of the sudden I notice I don't have the urge anymore.

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

My Kudzu is being shipped out today! Oh I hope it doesn't take too long...day three is looming tomorrow and I have yet to jump that particular hurdle!

I am sure I will be back with a zillion questions...
                  have a great Wednesday all,
                  K
                  Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

no worries keeta. It really helped me when I was starting out. i was such a mess now that I think about it.

Trix
                    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

I am interested to learn how much the Kudzu helps. I bought the other recommended supplements from GNC shop, but they hadn't heard of Kudzu. I thought I'd wait and see if the other stuff was enough. I asked my dr for Topamax, but she hadn't heard it used to help with cravings so gave me a script for Clonidine. I don't know which of the new pills is making me sleepy, but it is getting a little easier to fight that feeling. I am still craving like mad at 5pm. I am on Day 6 AF, but would really kill for a glass of wine. sigh.
                      :day4:

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

Kate, I can only speak for myself, but the kudzu has been a absolute lifesaver for me. And around 5 is when I take it, well three. You can order them right here and they arrive pretty quickly. Good luck.

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

Suzanne and Noelle, thank you so much, It is finally working!Phew. I am not AF by any chance, but I have realized that I am drinking less and less each day. I just hadn't noticed it actually until today when I wondered why the cask of wine that I bought last week is not finished yet, usually I would buy a three liter cask for the weekend. The thing is, I am very teary for some reason and sleepy, so I sleep early which is good so I do not have another drink, and I wake up with a clearer head. This morning was great, I woke up early, and read in bed for about 10 mins. Another thing I have noticed is my decrease in appetite, has anyone felt this before?

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

I have a severe drop in appetite. Nothing sounds good. And the past two days I have not felt well at all. The symptoms are very vague: shivery, cold/hot, anxiety. I'm stopping the L-Glut I just started a couple of days ago to see if that is what it could be. Hopefully my MWO online dr. will show up tonight with advice.

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

just started on Kudzu and L-Glutamine today....wish me luck guys...ready to make that big change.

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

Rusty, Good Luck,

I started the supps on sunday and have not craved at all..........

Keep us informed .......

Love & Hugs, BB xx
                                sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                                X