Newbies in Need - Day 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need - Day 5

i'm jumping up and down on its chest as we speak!!!

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 5

errm, in a lifesaving sense.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 5

roxane;159706 wrote: sure dg, it means 'other half'. in my case husband. some say D(dear)H(husband), B(better)H(half), you get the drift?

roxane
        Thank you. I'm used to "D" (in all it's iterations) "H" and "SO". Just not "OH" but that makes sense.

Sorry for the interruption.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 5

SO? never heard of that one.

have changed my mood to tired, that has to be good!

have had half a bottle of wine (so far). last night i had a gin and tonic, double of course. WTF? i dont drink spirits. night before that i had a glass of wine, large of course. i think i'm going the wrong way lol.

i had set myself up to be AF this week, but i will try not to do my usual 11/2 bottles a night and start again next week. i should have everything in place to help me including my OH. not been too helpful so far, doesnt understand but does know my worries.

roxane

look for the silver lining, it has to be there somewhere.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 5

Hi all,
            Not feeling that great today.Was up half the night with sinus trouble. Finally took some antihistamine which I hate and didn't do anything anyway. Got up cranky.Lost my cool with 1 of the kids and yelled some, then felt bad. Nose running all day and took a nap. Thought about buying beer to get through it all knowing it wont help. I am still thinking about it but dont think I'll cave.Part of it is the time of day as this is when I would usually be getting off work. Oh, I'm rambling on. bird

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 5

Hi out there, I'm new

I'm brand new to MWO and to these posting things as well, so I apologize in advance if I don't know the lingo.

How does this all work? What are you all:new: :new: finding on this site that helps you? I'd like to make a change in my life, and this is the first time I ever considered seeking outside help. Where does one go from here?

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 5

bird, well done for not caving in. i did and am feeling bad for it, weak willed. raising children is a hard enough job without, for example, sinus problems. it aint no fun, i feel like i want to drill a hole in my head when i have it.

roxane

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 5

hi me, cross posted.

you have found a wonderful site.

read all you can, post and tell us what you want us to know, it really helps (you). no-one judges and the support is brilliant.

the fact that it is 'anonymous' is the thing that really helps.

roxane

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 5

Good going not caving bird!!! Yikes, I just popped a btl...............silly me!!!!

Hi Me and a warm welcome. Why not post your own thread in Just Starting Out to introduce yourself to everyone on the site?

You`ll find all the help you need here, from advice on meds., supps, CDs and support from all the giving members.

I wish you much luck,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 5

Hi Rox, I'm so sorry, I didn't realise you were really feeling so down, good to see you are keeping your sense of humour through it all, something I have to force myself to do just now and am have to give myself a talking to hourly... Thinking of you.

Star, pop that pop right back in ! ........... Didn't know how to spell Glesga bye the way - lol. Well, with me being a tuchtor/chuchter/toochter.... sh--p sha--er........ you cheered me up the other night, I really needed it - ta.

Lx
                      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 5

Tea, us Glesga keelies don`t think of you teuchters as s***p s****ers...........honest injun!!! LOL

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 5

Well - the Scots have me all confoozled!? I have no idea what the he@@ you guys are talking about!

Just checking in - I hope everyone is doing well. Am going to dinner at the neighbors tonight - so don't have much time.

Me - just do whatever you feel comfortable with!:welcome: I found that spending a lot of time reading gave me the guts to finally start posting. It's strange too, coming here and reading and posting is so very therapeutic (sp?). You'll find tons of advice, lots of support and NO judgment! It's a tremendous tool!

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 5

Drunk free

boy i hope I can remember everything that I just read!!

Me: Welcome to the Newbies in need thread! I agree with Starlight, you should post an intro email telling people your story.

Doggy Girl: I am really happy your boyfriend is supporting you on this. I also have been thinking that online support is so useful. This is my first time at it.

Roxane: i dont think you should ever feel bad about posting when things are going wrong. it helps us to know the context of your drinking life. and there might be other people in the same position. I think if things get too positive we might discourage some who are going through tough times into posting. having said that, of course I wish everyone to be happy too.

Bird: Hang in there, sounds like you are feeling cranky. Is there a mood symbol for that?

I had a great fourth of july with very little overindulgence. That makes almost three weeks of moderating/drunk free for me. I am happy about that. Maybe things are starting to sink in?

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 5

Hi all. Sorry I was in a hurry this morning and the 1st part of my post got lost. Tried to fix it enough that it doesn't start midsentence! Roxane, I guess I forgot that it was the other thread you were posting on in June and that then, since most of us were posting on both we asked everyone to move over here. I'm glad you've joined us. You won't bring us down. Caring for someone very ill is draining and it sounds to me like you are doing pretty well. Not where you want to get but still less than you were. I'm sorry to hear about the blood clot. You did not need one more thing. Welcome Me. Where I went after finding the site was straight to the health store on the site and got the book, cds and the starter pack of supplements. I recommend you take them out of the shipping box. For some reason that took me 6 months. Read all the info and links on the home page and come here for support. Good luck. Shshe - I have no idea what Starlight and Tea are talking about either - but then they may occasionally be bamboozeled by us as well. Hi Nancy - we were posting at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                              X