Rock Bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock Bottom

Janice thinking of you, and hoping you feel better soon, I'll say a little prayer for your dad
    Love Paula. xx

Comment

Rock Bottom

Janice,

you sound like you are in a state of despair and I am so sorry for that. I know the tendency is to drink through these difficult things but it probably will make you feel worse mentally and physically (it's a depressant).

Have you thought about grief counselling?

you did so well before so i know you must have a lot of strength.

also, don't be afraid to reach out for help. in that regard, seeing your doctor sounds like a good thing.and lean on your friends and husband.

I hope you keep coming and that we can keep you company, at least in cyber space.

Comment

Rock Bottom

Janice

I am very sorry for your loss. I lost my Father in April, he was the most important person in my life. I also lost my mother a few years ago.

After each loss, my drinking escalated. Then I decided that I needed to do something about it and found this site and a tremendous group of people.

I really can appreciate how you feel and it is so raw right now. I can understand that you have 'slipped' a bit. But don't give up your friends on here, they want to support you and help you get back to AF when you are ready.

Best wishes

K-M

Comment

Rock Bottom

(((Janice)))

Hon I felt toward my mom as you did to you dad. I loved her to totally and when she died I really went down hill. I wasn't a big drinker then I lost a ton of weight and ended up in the hospital on IVs. I had no children to think of.

But that was not honoring my mother. She would not have wanted me to fall so far. I was the most important one in her life and I know how much it would have pained her to see me in that state.

Do your father the honor of taking care of you. You are well loved on this board because u are a loving person. Do whatever you can to get out of this slump, anti-depressants, meds, hospitalization if you need to.

We luv u girl.:l

Comment

Rock Bottom

Janice, I'm so sorry for your loss. Please don't leave this site. This is exactly when you need it the most. You don't want to go down the same path as your Mother, it's just the beast trying to get you back in the bottle. Be strong and think about all the people here that are thinking about you.

Comment

Rock Bottom

Back again!!

Well Hi everyone. I used to use this site a long time ago and am slowly slipping back in to the Binge drinker i was! I just need a bit of support to moderate the drinking again.:thanks:

Comment

Rock Bottom

kath, are you doing okay today? glad you posted on here as i was just sorting through to see how all are today. glad to have you back.
                :welcome:

Comment

Rock Bottom

Im Fine just realised today that i need to start a fresh

Comment

Rock Bottom

Janice, I'm so sorry you are having such a difficult time right now but please don't be hard on yourself and please do keep coming for support. It is understandable to slip back into old patterns of coping when faced with such a huge loss. You will get back on track soon. You have been such a support for others, let others support you now. When I lost my stepdaughter 4 years ago, a grief support group was very helpful. I hope you can find something like this if it feels right for you and the trip to the dr. sounds appropriate as well. :l

Comment

Rock Bottom

Janice, I'm sorry for your loss. I'll be keeping you close in my :h & prayers...:l
                      :l Judie

Welcome back Kath! Good to see ya...
                      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Rock Bottom

I just want to say a big thank you for all your words of support and encouragement - old friends and new, thank you so much - can't tell you how much I needed to hear from you - today is the first day I've felt like posting on newbies again. all down to you guys, thank you. Janicexxxx
                        AF since 9 May 2012
                        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Rock Bottom

((((((Janice)))))))

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Rock Bottom

Janice,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my mum 2 years ago and went exactly thesame way. Up until then I'd been able to control my drinking then I went completely off the rails. I hid behind drink as a coping mechanism and then realised a few months ago that I couldn't carry on like that. I've now been on this site for about a month and have received so much information and support it's overwhelming. I'm certainly not surprised you've come back to MWO.

As everyone has said here you can and have done it, so don't beat yourself up about having a setback. As least you have a very loving and supporting husband, and I'm sure he will understand. Even if you can manage one a/f day sometime soon that's a start.

I totally agree with Popeye - when something like that happens you can't even begin to think about being focused. You have so many different emotions going on that you just feel in a complete fog and can't seem to get through the other side. It does get better; the pain never goes away, but it just gets easier to bear. Like Mary said, just take one step at a time. I remember when mum died I wanted to scream in the street to everybody "Why are you carrying on as normal when I've just lost my mum". When you come through the other side you do realise that life does go on and it's what you make it and for me I realised that staring into the bottom of a glass isn't the answer when you've got your whole life ahead of you.

Keep posting - good or bad - we're all here for you.
                            Sweet
                            x

Comment

Working...
                            X