Finally Exposing Myself to you all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Green Goddess - Glad you finally took the plunge and decided to post. I think my experience with alcohol is much the same as yours - never did the a.m. drinking either although often watched the clock for an "acceptable" starting time p.m., often on days off as early as 3:00, so could be pretty looped by bedtime. Knew right from the get go that AA wasn't my bag either. This place, however, is great. I haven't yet ordered anything because I seem to be doing okay, but from having read the posts I gather that the program is just wonderful. All the best to you in your new journey, looking forward to seeing you in the forum!
    The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Welcome Green Goddess

It takes courage to make that first post but it is a huge step - much more hopeful and meaningful than saying "Hello, my name is......" and a roomful of strangers mumbling back "Hi ......." How cold and insincere is that? Been there done that to.

We don't mumble around here and are not cold and insincere. We are a serious, committed and fun-loving bunch who all share a horrible problem that we just can't explain to anyone else but other alcohol abusers.

I'm glad you are trying RJ's program - you will make changes to fit your own needs - everyone does, that's the beauty of it. And there are lots of people here to give you advice whenever you need it 24/7.

You're off to a great start. Keep reading and hopefully even posting.

:welcome:
      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

This is a first for me, however reading our story was like reading about my life. I too drink wine in the evenings - only can't stop with one or two. Drink until I either fall asleep or go to bed. Never have cravings during the day and don't enjoy hard liquor.

I also understand the feeling of wanting the moderation drinking. I'm also hopeful to accomplish that. I'm currently waiting for the vitamins and topa to arrive and start the program. I have faith it will help.

I hope your experience is filled with joyous experiences for you and I'll keep you in mind - hoping each day gets better for you.

Thanks for sharing - it's allowed me to come forward.

SusieQ

Comment

Welcome SusieQ!

I'm so glad you posted, I can just tell you're a sweetheart!

I hope you find what you need here.

Read, read ,read and post again!

magic xx :schmokin:
          ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
          I am in the next seat.
          My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Green Goddess,
            Though I've never exposed myself....I welcome you to this site. (Only kidding....you'll find a lot of that on this site.) Again Welcome !:H
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

:new: Hi green goddess,
              I am just starting this program. I have tried AA twice and did not work. Iam now on campral, and kudzu. cds and books are due to be in soon. I am so tired of drinking. I black out each time. But, it is hard to think of living without it. I pray everyday. I hope this will work.
              alaina

Comment

Hey All, We can do this....just have Faith....and I've started just praying how grateful I am to have already beat this, power of positive thinking....Glad you are here and came out to play! Great to "meet" you!
                "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

I'm in the early weeks as well

Hello Green Goddess and other new folks that came forward. I started a few weeks back on the forum and program myself, and I am having some good success. I have drastically cut my cravings back. Have had good nights and good mornings and the only thing getting in my way has been my allergies as of late! Many AF days which was unheard of before so that is a vast improvement. To share a bit about myself... I too was a wine in the evening gal with the ability to put away a bottle to a bottle and a half before going to bed so I could "relax" person. If there wasn't enough wine I maybe would resort to some vodka and coke or rum and coke but that was about all. Often hubby would drink with me after dinner/work. I've put on 20 lbs. over the last 5 years as a result of all of this and the related after hour "munchies" and I am just frustrated with the nasty results of this horrible, habitual habit. Some exercise over the last 4 years kept my weight not going any higher than that, thankfully. I'm in my early 40s and working on turning my weight, health and life around. Welcome to the seeing the light!

Comment

Hi,
                    I haven't liked AA much either in the past. I may try it again though. I'll have to see how this site treats me.
                    Yes dear, you had best kick this desease in the butt now or, it will kick yours continuously.
                    Good luck to you.
                    Randy

Comment

Hi Green Goddess, alaina and SuzieQ,
                      Welcome.
                      This is a wonderful place.
                      I hope you find what you need.

Comment

Welcome Green Goddess!

You are very much not alone. [B]A.A is definately not for everyone.[B]
                        Here you are anonymous and don't have to sit listening to the ramblings of others if you don't want to. Just a click away.
                        42 days so far.
                        Best Regards
                        Bashley

Comment

Hi Green Goddess - Yes, hello. (I'm not sure I can say welcome as I'm new too!) Good Luck, stay strong and believe in yourself and in [I]anything[I] bigger than ourselves that's there to help coz I think there is somebody/thing there for each of us... has helped me.
                          Have a grace-full day!
                          Me x
                          :heart: c: :heart:
                          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Hello to all of you who welcomed me and replied !

I am loving this - so glad I finally "came out". It is just great to hear from all of you and I can feel all the love, empathy, and compassion in your words. I wish I had more time to read the forum and reply to others. There are so many of you that I relate to.

My life has been sooooo busy lately with lots of changes and I have been enjoying my weakness, which is shots of tequila with a beer back. (my old party girl days) Haven't done that kind of booze for a while. However, I am taking the supplements and not overdoing it like I used to, so no hangovers but I am waking up at 4am with insomnia. I am still waiting for the topa and hopefully, that will work for me cause the cravings are just kicking my ass right now. I have been trying not to keep alcohol in the house but find myself going out daily to get my fix. I hate myself when I do that. I was much better when I just kept beer and wine around - it was easier to moderate, which I have done well with in the past, but I really want to go 30 days AF. I just want to remember what that feels like.

Anyway, I know this will pass - it has happened before - and it has a lot to do with all of the stuff going on in my life...I am a little STRESSED! Alcohol just takes that edge off. Right? Thanks for listening.

Love & Light - Roni

Comment

Know how you feel Green Goddess.

The first few days are a b**ch.
                              Like you I have found it easier to have stuff in the house. That way you can look at it and say no to yourself-after all, your're the only one who is going to get on top of this monkey. Family and friends without the illness mean well but really don't understand the physical and mental NEED.
                              Got to dash - Doctor check up to see if I'm allowed to go back to work after the last collapse and siezure 4th June. Dry since then- fits are downright scary!!! 25 years of heavy drinking can do that to you when you stop cold turkey. Boozing is progressive, so glad to hear that you're trying to get on track.

All the best
                              Bashley

Comment

Welcome all you newbies....goodluck
                                Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
                                X