Need some buddies - Day 1 today 24th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone... have been very very busy, so busy that I didn't get here yesterday and it is now 9.52pm on Day 10 - WOW!!! It has flown and I am loving the whole new me bit.

Sorry, do not have time to read & reply personally at the moment, will make an effort tomorrow nite.

Hugs

Tah xxx
    :rolleyesmonkey: Tahlula :rolleyesmonkey:
    Trim the tree to let in the sunshine...

Comment

:thanks: Hi LilyRose Amelia Wakeupmom Prose SanteTahluhla Pinklady Max and Beano

Hope you are all ok today love P:h

Comment

hi guys, just checkin in. Not done too well last few days, dont wanna go too much into it except to say I am nowhere near as bad as I was! I am a wee bit excited today, because I am getting a kitty!! I have found the one I want and pending a home check I will collect her on Saturday. I think she will be my salvation. will update you soon. keep up the good work everyone huggy huggs, max xxxx
        Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

Hi chaps,
          Am just checking in too!End of day 4 for me,so far so good.The mornings are geat,a sense of achievement,glad to be sober,and the insentive not to drink today.As the day moves on towards wine time, um -something missing,and the need for distraction is vital.At this time of night the witching hour has passed and i am full of determination again for tomorrow I WONT DRINK TOMORROW.I am honestly using this as my stratergy day by day.
          Amelia,Well done for resisting!Tiredness can easily distort the picture,but you did it and next time it will be easier.x
          Lillyrose,4 kids in a car.I wonder how many "are we there yet" ,can you stand?I hope the wee stops and fights are few and you have a great time.Where are you going?x
          Dear Poppy,Sorry to hear of those tears,and i hope they are dry now.A hankie and big hug from me-Stick with it x
          Hi Tahlula,Great to see you looked in.So understand the lac of time.Do let us know your news when you can.x
          Max.Thats right! focus on your progress.Glad to hear you get your kitten Sat i am sure that will give you lots to distract you.x
          Hello to everyone else.Wishing you all a good thurs night/day/frid morn xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Hi All

Wakeupmom, you describe how it is for me also, wake up strong and optimistic, then the witching hour approaches and something is missing. I remember reading in RJ book that she would always have a soft refreshing drink in the evenings. I bought some fruit mineral water and added a slice of lemon, melon and strawberries and crushed ice. The habit of having a 'drink' is almost continued as we trick our silly minds into it!!!
            I want to get juicing soon and really experiment.
            I went to the health store today and bought L-Glutamine. I read some good and bad reports about it and GABA but decided that it sounded worth a try. I also got milk thistle tablet form and some B-50 complex. I am taking sooooooooo many tablets. I just hope they all get on well with each other when they meet in the gut!!!!

Any how, Poppy, I've been thinking of you today.....I hope you are ok. Max = hope the kitty's arrival goes well. I :h cats so much. I have two. I think it will do you the power of good.

Wakeupmom, don't ask me why but we are driving to Spain and I am worried I will cave in. Deep breaths...... I won't be able to keep in touch often but will try to check in and let you know how it goes.

Gotta get some sleep now (day 6 tmrw), well done all and thanks for being there

LR xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.

Comment

Hello All!! Day 11 for me today. Yesterday was far easier than the dreadful day before when I really wanted a drink. Took most of yesterday off in the end and forced myself not to do anything. Feel much better today! Have been reading through the posts and catching up on where you all are,.....WHAT PROGRESS!!

Tahlula - Hey Girl, this thread is going, going, going. Thank god you started it. If I had not seen your plea for buddies on the morning of the 24th I may not be AF now......I can actually remember sitting at the keyboard thinking 'shall I or shall I not?'. But I'm bloody glad I did. You sound as busy as me at the moment, here, there and everywhere getting things done. Day 11 Tahlula - feels great huh??

Prose - Day 4 today? You must be just getting out of the time I found most difficult. Days 1 to 5 were hell for me. Tired, moody, irritable etc. You are right though, that belonging to this forum does give you a lot of incentive. ESPECIALLY if you have started to think it may be ok just to have 'one day of drinking, or one drink'. Apart from knowing that it deep down it is not ok, I also thought that coming on to this thread the next day and admitting it to everyone had stopped me from doing it in the first place.

BeanoC - How YOU DOING?? I hope you have been able to find other ways in which to chill out as far as the pressures of work and the company go. I know not drinking as much does help stress levels, but I found that I had to learn a whole new set of 'tools' to use to relax (instead of drinking). Otherwise, you may have quite a few AF days under your belt and something very stressful workwise could come along, if you don't have a back-up plan that doesn't involve booze, you may be more likely to falter. Hope you are doing well Beano.

Poppy
              - Day 3? You sound like you are going through a really emotional time. It could be the Topa, but I reckon it is more likely that it is just where you are in your AF count. Last time I did 30 days, the first 4 - 5 of them were horrendous!! I slept in the lounge on the floor (cause I was so paranoid my partner would snore and keep me awake) and cried myself to sleep those first few nights. Again, I was moody, irritable the works. I think its all part of detoxing and also letting go of the crutch that we are so used to using to get us through the day. It should pass Poppy........
              Hey I joined a gym, so will be asking you for tips soon (he he) - Fitness First (Fitness before Booze is my new motto)

Maxineanne
              - Hey sorry to read you have not been getting on too well. There have been days I have felt like crap too, really bad. But you sound like whatever is going on with your drinking is way better than what it used to be and that's what it is all about. We are all here to make progress and THAT is the most important thing.
              I am so jealous that you are getting a kitten. I would love to have a cat (or a dog for that matter), but we live in a 1 bedroom flat with no garden so it just wouldn't be fair. How lovely, I reckon little kitty will be very theraputic as well. Post a picture for us if you can!!

Wakeupmom
              - Day 4, You sound as busy as me at the moment - Not enough hours in my days either!! You sound like you have a great strategy in place and you are sooooooo right, that witching hour is THE TIME to be very, very careful. It is about that time, if possible that I log on here and take a handful of supps and that gets me through if I am feeling a little 'shaky'. Yeah, it is really only about an hour a day for me now that as you say "distraction is vital". Glad that you are feeling good!!

Lily Rose
              - Day 6, Those supplements that you have bought sound bang-on!! The B 50 is fab, I take that (are you taking the capsules - easier to absorb than tablets). I also take the Milk Thistle and Gabba - popped one of those before I went to bed last night and although I had some V.STRANGE dreams, I slept like a baby.
              Hmmmmm, the driving to Spain sounds like a potentially risky situation. Firstly I guess you need to decide whether prior to leaving you want to drink or not. If not, then maybe you could put some sort of plan into place with 'backup' if you begin to want a drink. Backup being whatever would stop you drinking in a crisis - I don't know, essential oils, take some really expensive fruit drinks and don't open them unless you are craving??........When do you leave?

Pink Lady - Nice to see another new name on the thread!! I can't believe you get up at 4.30am to take your daughter to skating!! Now that's dedication and a whole lotta commitment rolled into one (and even with a hangover in the past!!) Phew, I would be one moody customer if I had to do anything like that so early in the morning.
              I agree with you wholeheartedly, that everything is so much better without alcohol in our lives - gotta just make sure we remember it when our minds start playing tricks on us telling us it will be ok just to have one though.....Welcome to the thread.

Sante
              - As the others have said, we haven't heard from you for a bit. Hope everything is OK. Pop in and post whether things are going well or not so well.

Right, take care all, I am going to have to get my butt moving now and get sorted for work.
              Have a great day.:h
              xxx
              Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Hi Guys

I slipped a bit last night - but only a bit 2 small glasses of wine. I feel sad in a way but Im not beating myself up because it was only 2 and I didnt enjoy them - they tasted yukky actually - but what I mean I suppose is I didnt get a buzz from them...Shame really I had gone to the gym with hubby come back cooked him supper and then sat there and craved wine sooo badly - it was 10.30 -should have just gone to bed. By the time he came back with a bottle of wine and a couple of beers for himself it was about 11.30 and he went to bed at 12. So I was sat there on my own with a glass of wine and i just realised how sad it was and went to join him in bed .

Comment

Hey, Poppy, well done... Might be 'sad' but it wasn't cos you went to join hubby in bed instead and it didn't taste good and there you go! You're on your way! Far from sad!

Anything new (like not our habit) is going to feel weird - if it doesn't we're still doing it! I'm a AF Mod! Just for today I wont - or even, just for the next hour I wont... and now I don't want to as I feel so good. I don't count days really as I stay in the now, the very place I was so scared of being sober, but it's ok coz it passes to the next now so I can cope! I really don't want medals but just pass this on in case it helps...

Thinking of everyone.

Me x
                  :heart: c: :heart:
                  "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Hey Poppy, sounds like you didn't do too bad,...kept it under control and it didn't taste so good. Like I said in my last post, you sound like you are going through quite an emotional time, so go easy on yourself!!
                    Take care..x
                    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Hey Poppy, Don't beat yourself up over that! Bet it was a funny feeling not to even enjoy the taste! I think it's cos subconsciously, you knew you didn't really want it, but the habitual instincts kick in. I felt that tonight, I've always drunk on a Friday. Just being a 'Friday' is justification in itself, so tonight when I was invited to the pub after work, it did seem rather an attractive idea at first. But then all the hard work and energy I've channelled into this justified saying 'no'. That said, even if I slip tomorrow or whenever and just have two glasses, I won't see it as 'starting over again' but just that I fancied a small drink. For me, slipping is getting blind drunk, not stopping and then I would have to start over again......Any way, I know I'm rambling, so I'll go now.

Roll on Day 7! Going to pop my supps now and chill out and watch some mind-numbing TV. Thinking of you all and thanks for being there.................LR xx
                      Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.

Comment

Hi everyone! Day 5 here for me! I am so excited that I have made it the entire work week without wine or beer! Wow! Again, I'll say it: this program really works if you follow it and use the tools given---especially the support from all of you and my special PM friends. MYO and you guys are just AWESOME!!!

Poppy - It sounds like you have had a rough couple of days and you have hung in there! Be proud of your accomplishments and think of what it COULD have been like!! You have made progress. This program is a process --- it doesn't "cure" us.

Amelia - Congrats on Day 11. That is so great! You are so nice to write that long post and speak to each person individually. I am so happy to be part of it all. Thanks so much --- and yes, 4:30 is extremely hard after 2 bottles of wine! )

Hi to everyone ! )

Well, I have to run, but I just wanted to check in. I am hitting my first AF weekend, but I KNOW I can do it. I will be posting every day to see how everyone is doing and report my good behavior. :H

Have a good evening! Love Ya!

Comment

Good eve to all!
                          The end of day 5 for me,Its been a strange one i have to say.Felt a little flat,don't know why.Its a roller coaster thing i suppose, and i just have to ride it.(Sounds like that Rownan Keating song)Physically i don't really fancy a drink.Its more like an irritation.It could be due to the fact that i only made 5 days a few weeks ago.Any way i am still going to stick to my plan I WONT DRINK TOMORROW.The day after is another day.I will just enjoy the day for what it is,and will savour every hour.Hope to take the children to the beach and make the most of this long overdue weather!
                          Poppy, well done on only having 2 small glasses,at least you had the presence of mind to just go to bed,and not drink the whole bottle just because it was there.xx
                          Amelia darling!!You star 11 days..WOW.Keep going girl
                          Lillyrose, 7 Days is Fab! What ever you decide to do. Drink or Not to drink.I can't say one way or another.That decision is yours,but i have some intuition here that if you do you will take it easy as you have gained some valuable experience- feelings of control and how good that makes you feel.Good luck with your holiday prep.Its bad enough organising 2 kids let alone 4,If i don't hear from you for a while have a great time and a well earned rest xx
                          Hello to Finding My Feet, Love your stratergy .I say what ever gets you by.I too can relate to being scared of being sober i felt just that way a few weeks back .How can i cope?Scary stuff that booze.Now i love it and i say iam scared of being drunk.Keep it up Min by min.Hour by Hour .Day by DAY
                          Heres to a great weekend to all WHATEVER XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Comment

Hi PinkLady
                            Welldone on day 5.Heres to a great weekend "You know a memorable one"
                            Also Max,Bean,Prose,Tahlula, and any one i have missed. All such a comfort

Comment

Good eve to all!
                              The end of day 5 for me,Its been a strange one i have to say.Felt a little flat,don't know why.Its a roller coaster thing i suppose, and i just have to ride it.(Sounds like that Rownan Keating song)Physically i don't really fancy a drink.Its more like an irritation.It could be due to the fact that i only made 5 days a few weeks ago.Any way i am still going to stick to my plan I WONT DRINK TOMORROW.The day after is another day.I will just enjoy the day for what it is,and will savour every hour.Hope to take the children to the beach and make the most of this long overdue weather!
                              Poppy, well done on only having 2 small glasses,at least you had the presence of mind to just go to bed,and not drink the whole bottle just because it was there.xx
                              Amelia darling!!You star 11 days..WOW.Keep going girl
                              Lillyrose, 7 Days is Fab! What ever you decide to do. Drink or Not to drink.I can't say one way or another.That decision is yours,but i have some intuition here that if you do you will take it easy as you have gained some valuable experience- feelings of control and how good that makes you feel.Good luck with your holiday prep.Its bad enough organising 2 kids let alone 4,If i don't hear from you for a while have a great time and a well earned rest xx
                              Hello to Finding My Feet, Love your stratergy .I say what ever gets you by.I too can relate to being scared of being sober i felt just that way a few weeks back .How can i cope?Scary stuff that booze.Now i love it and i say iam scared of being drunk.Keep it up Min by min.Hour by Hour .Day by DAY
                              Heres to a great weekend to all WHATEVER XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Comment

Sorry, i am so excited i am posting twice!!No wine honest!

Comment

Working...
                                X