No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marbella;204616 wrote: Hi Everyone,

I'm not really new anymore- I think I've been here about three weeks now, but my introductory thread re-emerged!
    Sorry Marbella, that was my doing, thought your post of 9/16 would be a good way to point to this site's reference to EFT without starting a new thread.

Comment

Hey Marbella, a belated welcome and also welcome to T.Ahern and Babygirl.

I just want to say that I have no experience with the meds but can say that the supplements definitely help me-- give them about 2 weeks, and I think you will see a difference. If you have been drinking for many years, it is also good to add milk thistle for the liver.

And keep coming here. This is a good place for advice, support, and hope.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

gday and welcome, think its all been said, plrnty of good advice here!
        "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I really am new to MWO and I'm so thrilled not to be alone. Though I've been to the AA before (and still snuck a drink after the meeting) I still felt alone. Like no-one actually knows what a desolate life is for an alcoholic.

I met a great guy a few months ago, and went on the second date last night - and absolutely blew it. So badly that he isn't taking my call and I don't even remember what happened.

I feel absolutely awful.

Anyway, that's my lot for today. Just got to get the supplements and work from there.

Comment

Hi Seeking

:welcome:

Hey so sorry to hear about last night :l

It has been something I've done myself while out in a pub of an occasion - have a few drinks, become too liberal with my thinking out loud and say something either too loudly so that someone hears it, or right to them.
            Last time was March 17th, I told those in my company how lecherous a particular (married) man we all know is because he was talking to my sister with the usual smug sneer on his face. Turns out he must've heard me because he hasn't acknowleged me ever since.
            He is actually a letch as we call them, totally undresses women with his eyes when he talks to them. [Strange cos his wife's a bit of a rottweiler, but he still gets away with it].
            Anyway, that's not the point
            . I shouldn't have said what I said. I didn't intend for him to hear me. I just hated the way he was conversing with my little sis [excuse!!!].
            I feel guilty every time I think about it because it was inappropriate talk out of me, except for maybe behind closed doors. So I really blew it.

Try not to worry about the date. The more you ring him or text him, the more he will pull away from you. Who knows...give it a bit of space and see. Just don't keep contacting him. If you've already apologised, you can do no more and it's up to him what he does.

Try to let it go and try to chalk it down to experience, really, not being glib about it or condescending, but the more you worry about it the worse you are making yourself feel, and that will lead down the wrong road again.

I really feel for you, I know how guilty and frustrated you feel. Keep coming back here. People will chat to you all day. We'll make it a bit better :hug:

You're in the right place now that you have decided you need to do something about things. It's not an easy job, but you have made a start in recognising that you need to change things round so that you're in control again, instead of the dreaded beast controlling you.

Be well today and try not to beat yourself up any more

xxx

PS You can always start a thread or post on the ASAP section if you're feeling really low and need to 'talk' to someone fairly lively. Good luck today.

B

Comment

Thanks Phoenix

You've made me feel a whole lot better. I did send him a text message apologising and, like you said, now it's up to him.

I've been to the health store & got GABA but no Kudzu, will order it online.

Thanks again.

Comment

Phoenix, you know how you feel embarrassed for saying what you thought of someone outloud - well, sometimes it's called for. Especially when people make a habit of behaving badly (look who's talking!). You see, he may have been lecherous for ever and no-one's ever confronted him about it. In the long run- you may very well have done him a huge favour.

Comment

Hey again!

:thanks: for that I feel slightly less guilty now, I see what u mean all right about calling a spade a spade and all.

Just to let u know how I fared with the aforementioned Kudzu!!
                  Mine came yesterday (I'm quite new too, just last month). So I knew we were getting a DVD last night and being ever-conscious of my old habit (though hasn't happened with the wine now for about 5 weeks, I did go totally overboard just this past Tuesday with my other tipple) of hubby having one glass out of the bottle and me having the rest of the bottle, or near to it, I decided to take 3 Kudzu.

I poured a glass (he had a Coors actually) and didn't even start to drink it for about 3/4s of an hour. Then when I did start it with the DVD I found it took me almost an hour to drink it all. Then I didn't want any more, at all!!!!!! I actually went and got a half litre of water, then went to bed early and left him watching the DVD on his own cos I was too tired.

Dunno if the tiredness was casued by the kudzu, but the one glass thing was definitely. I nearly always have 2 when I am having a moderation day.

Feel great his morning. Gonna go read as many of the articles on K just to find out how it works. Must admit, I had been focusing on the thought of Campral or Topa and read a lot about them and not about K.

Did try to get the L-Glut but haven't succeeded so far...frustrating. Might have to order it from River and just wait longer.

Good on you for feeling better. :happy: Who knows what he's thinking. If he really is as nice as he is, he might just need a bit of time to process.

NOW, BRACE YOURSELF FOR A GENTLE BUT -
                  But Seeking, if he has some personal monkeys on his own back about drinking etc etc.
                  he may not come back, and you will have to be ready to stop blaming yourself.
                  There's nothing you can do, you've apologised, it's beyond your control now, you have to let go.
                  Sorry for saying that. Hope I haven't trashed you feeling better.
                  I just want you to feel better in a "I can, and will be able to cope with even the worst case scenario, so here it is" kinda way... :l

No matter what happens with that situation, as senior & experienced members would recommend, I think you should try to get your head around following a program here. Whether it is mods, 30 day Af then mods, or AF For Life One Day At A T
                  ime, get Roberta's book or download it, and start chomping thru your supps and figure out where you want to go from here.

Everyone at MWO is here with you all along the watchtower, if you fall they'll help u pick yourself up; if you dance they'll whistle in admiration. Great place this. Check out Mitch96's threads, they're so funny, and inspiring.

Here's to you :yougo:

B

Comment

ChangeAgent;204885 wrote: Sorry Marbella, that was my doing, thought your post of 9/16 would be a good way to point to this site's reference to EFT without starting a new thread.
                    Yes, (don't mind bumping me up, I like to feel important) I think EFT is a very useful tool, but then I am into alternative cures and medicine, I know some people would find it a bit loopy!

I suggest beginning at the emofree.com site- there is loads of info there for anyone who is interested.

Seeking- I hope you feel a bit better. I too have made a complete fool of myself on numerous occasions, and am the best at insulting others while drunk. Sometimes they deserve it but sometimes they don't. :soapbox:

I am quite good at apologising- and most people will accept that and be quite OK about it if they know you had too many.

Not very helpful in your situation, but you are not alone!

Do try to get the kudzu, I also find it to be helpful, and as Phoenix said, it also makes me feel a bit tired, so you can get some good ZZZZs in too.

Comment

Working...
                    X