I Relapsed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Relapsed

Mary, sorry you had a lapse but that's all it was. As I have said in other posts you have been inspirational to us newbies and still are. It was couragous to come on the site and admit it so dont beat yourself up. Join in like you always do and before you know you will have exceeded the amount of time you already have had alcohol free and that 1 day wont even be remembered.

Rustop

Comment

I Relapsed

Mary, first of all, there are a lot of great words here, I can't say it better.

One thing I'd like to add: I slip so often that I've sotpped writing it on here, how many days AF I am and, and then the disappointment of confessing a slip again. I still know I am making progress for two reasons:

1) My slips have become shorter lived and fewer with time

2) My resolve to become AF for life has become stronger with time.

So, although I feel guilt, remorse, frustration, hoplessness, etc. I also look at this as a positive direction I'm going, and I always look forward, not back. I hope you will take all the great advice in these posts, and just keep plugging on.

You are truly an inspiration to us all and are no less of one since you had one small slip.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I Relapsed

Mary,

You've done so well and inspired so many of us. Look at how good you've done. One slip does not negate all that good work!! The glass (of water) is half full-not half empty.

Irish

Comment

I Relapsed

Everybody: I've read your responses over & over. They give me so much hope & love. There is no way I can thank you. Even though I'm counting this as day 1, I don't feel I'm back to day 1. The more than 2 months of sobriety I had taught me so much. It's the way I want to be for life.

I really don't know what happened. I had been thinking & dreaming about drinking. My husband was out for a walk w/a friend yesterday, I was cooking, & I just poured myself some wine. I didn't even try to control myself. Nothing really set me off. Perhaps I felt that dealing w/life got to be too much & wanted some respite (my old pattern). As soon as I drank the first sip, I knew I was going to continue. I didn't finish bottle after bottle, but I had enough to give me a headache (maybe 5 or 6 glasses). The drinking experience wasn't even slightly enjoyable.

Today, I have a great day planned w/my g-son. I'll put this behind me. Thank you for being so understanding. Love, Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

I Relapsed

Mary, like everyone said it was just a slip, don't beat yourself up over it. Every now and then we fall off our horses, but the key is to get right back on and show them whose boss. You are doing GREAT!!

Twosox

Comment

I Relapsed

Hi Retteacher, I am new here but have been reading your posts this last month. Your are an inspiration......and also such courage to come here right away and talk about it. It was just one day.....look at all the 60 sum you have stacked up! What an achievement.
              Go out today and enjoy the beautiful day with your grandson. If he is like mine, on my darkest moments he brings such joy to me. Have a great day and move forward!
              Beachmusic

Comment

I Relapsed

Mary,
                You`re still the Leader of the Band in my book.
                So you succumbed to a few drinks.......no big deal.......you`ve done marvellously well........no couple of drinks can ever take that away from you.
                Like you say, you know you want to be AF for life........you`ll get there.......I don`t doubt you for a second..........you`re my heroine.

All my love,

Starlight Impress xxx

Comment

I Relapsed

I concur with what everyone has said here.

Hold your chin up high and know you made it as far as you did and had a minor slip. You can do this again, and it will be for the rest of your life.

Comment

I Relapsed

Like everyone, I'm sorry that you're feeling so bad about what happened.

But, the very fact that you are giving yourself such a hard time about it surely bears testament to just how much your attitude towards drinking has changed.

I think what you have acheived is truly admirable. Developing that sort of mind set is what I am aspiring to. Please keep up the good work.

Comment

I Relapsed

Hi Mary,

I too, drank as well and will start my AF Day 1 with you as well. I don't feel too bad but I am missing a day's work because I need to recover.

I really don't have much to write, uh maybe that's my way of feeling bad for drinking again. But I won't allow myself to feel bad and will start my AF tomorrow.

Janet
                      AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

I Relapsed

Hello Mary
                        you seem to have full awareness of the fact that you drank 5-6 glasses. Now you know you would rather be AF. Nothing bad or terrible with that. Now that you know that you prefer AF to drunk, you will make your way towards that goal.
                        the guilt is the part that needs to go away.

good luck

trix
                        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

I Relapsed

Mary & Janet, I'm glad you are back with us. Put the slip behind you. I know you're not proud of it but don't dwell on it. Let's move forward. Keep reading and posting and get back in the groove... Don

Comment

I Relapsed

Mary, I did exactly the same after 6months. But hopefully I'm back on track,
                            as you will be. Sometimes I wish I didn't have a conscience, but you will feel
                            better soon, promise.
                            Love Paula.xx

Comment

I Relapsed

I'm at the end of day 1 sober after the slip. I did learn something from it. I do not want the effects of alcohol in my life. The support I got here is overwhelming. Thank you all, Mary
                              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

I Relapsed

Mary,

I joined in mid August and I did 13 AF days out of 14.. and a BIG reason I even joined in the first place was reading your posts. You have no idea how much of a strong positive influence you have had on many poeple here. You have been so strong for so many days..64 I think ? I know you will move pass this one brief moment in time.. a few hours, a few drinks out of 60 + days !!! No way this can take away your accomplishment to date.

You, Starlight, and many other long time AFers on this site, are the reason us newbies have hope, because you are actually doing it.. so I know it " is " possible.. it is because of YOU that I know that.. and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me that hope.

Riker
                                Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

Working...
                                X