Newbies in need - Day 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need - Day 24

thanks Cindi. Maybe its my fault - my husband doesn't realise how bad its got. Everythings black or white with him and thats what I find hard. Basically, if I'm a "problem drinker" then I should stop drinking, its as simple as that from his point of view! He says its all in my mind! That I have control if I want! I know that but its not easy!!!

Anyway, have had a bathj, going to have a few strong cups a coffee. I kbnow tonight I'll sleep badly, probs will wake with panic attacks. will try and drink lots of water in meantiome. . Tomorrow WILL
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 24

BE DAY 1!! Janicexx
      AF since 9 May 2012

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 24

Hi Janice

Bloody hell aren't men some dunderheads at times?????? :blah:

Black and white, white and black,

until there are two football matches on at the same time, there's a grey area, so he decides to commandeer two tvs to run between, scratch himself, roar obscenities, and give anyone with ears a running commentary on the crappy defence or the two+four+four formation; all at the same time.........then it's all grey area!

If your hubby is 'no use' to you with ultimatums and simple diagnostics as far as your difficulty is concerned, just come to MWO and, thankfully for us all, the buddies are always close by, and say just about the smartest things I've read ever.

Go easy on the coffee girl, it might put your head mad late tonight. I bought half caff and decaff and it's not toooooooooooo bad, (ok, it stinks :yuk: ) but at least I'm not climbing the walls at 2am :nutso:

Mary, so sorry that you're feeling so bad over yesterday.
        Put it behind you now, it's over.
        Agonising over it is something I know you definitely don't deserve.
        You did the best you could yesterday, and nobody need ever feel badly about that. You are doing your best. Look at all the days you string together when some of us are like little minxes eyeing up the bottle in the cupboard (and not just EYEING up either).
        You're here today!!!!!! We're here today. That's the most important thing.

xxx to you both

B

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 24

Janice

You can do it with the help of all of us. Lots of us here have the same problem with hubbies not having a problem. Mine probably drinks too much red wine but he is capable of leaving a glass in the bottom of the bottle whereas I have to finish that bottle and probably open another.

Well done for posting again, as I said to Mary this am it takes guts. I didnt last year and was soon back at square one. ODAT will be our motto and lots of support from each other. Focus on yourself and forget about hubby and everyone else for a while until you feel stronger.

Rustop

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 24

thanks guys, and here's me thinking should I post again?? What would I do without you? You're the only friends in the world that understand.
            AF since 9 May 2012

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 24

I just filled in the drink tracker and saw that both Janice and Retteacher have done really good this month, but I know how crappy it feels when you fall of the wagon after a long time AF.

As a friend of mine who has successfully quit for 10 years said to me recently, at least the wagon is always there for us.

We just have to climb back on

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 24

Everyone: I just have to keep coming back here today. I feel very vulnerable. Last night I got a horrible night's sleep (I was posting at MWO at 2AM...that says something). We're all in this together. I can't imagine what I'd do wo/you all. love, Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 24

So stay close, Mary..........we`re all here for each other and very much all still in the same boat.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 24

Mary,

I have been here all day myself -- except when I was at the dentist being put through horrible torture -- because I am soooo nervous about going on the road again. Arrgghhh.

I am so afraid of being in the hotel and in the hotel room alone and letting the damn bar call me (Cindi, Cindi, there are people here, people to talk to you, come here, have a glass of wine or 6 or so...)

Geez. What an idiot I am!!

I will not cave this week!!

Come here whenever you need or feel, Mary. It's a whole lot better than reaching for the bottle!!

:h
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 24

Am big-time rooting for you cindi.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 24

Hello Mary and Cindi and who ever else is struggling.We understand.Keep going girls ,we will get there!! Lots of Hugs to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
                        X