Anyone Have Success w/o Topimax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's a great sign that you can wean yourself down.

As for this social issue... I don't think that people who are truly moderate will care if you drink or not. It's those who have problems themselves who really care whether you drink. And I think alcohol problems are more common than our society acknowledges.

There are some members who are successfully moderating, like Betty Boop and those people give me a lot of encouragement.

Comment

victoria ... the tough thing has been that, yes, i have been having withdrawals. after 2+ yrs of a bottle a night (sometimes less, sometimes more), the idea of a drink free night is inconceiveable. it's all i think about. come 6pm, i start feeling what i call the 'hand of death' around my heart. a 'give me WINE' anxiety so strong it's overpowering. no ... i don't have the DTs. or shakes. just an anxiety reaction that i haven't been able to make it through yet w/o caving.

tonight i had help w/my daughter so i went to a movie (for the first time in a zillion years) did i want to see it. sort of. mostly, i figured that, if i didn't get home until 10, i wouldn't drink much. i was early for the movie ... my first thought was 'i wonder if there's anywhere nearby i can get a glass of wine.' i sat through the movie, liked it ... but didn't get engrossed in it enough to forget that i was there to avoid drinking. then i drove home, and barely said hello to the babysitter before going to the kitchen to pour a glass of wine. i've now quit @ two (guess there's something to be said for that). i'd like to not need any, though. to have the 'i can take it or leave it' feeling. not to think about it so incessantly as soon as the sun goes down.

THAT's what i want to get away from. i can't stand it owning me like this.

Comment

Working...
      X