OCTOBER NEWBIES IN NEED ODAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are all an inspiration to me and I am proud to be on this journey with you, no matter what stage your are at. Right now I do not have it in my heart to be totally AF for life. At this point, my goal is 5 days AF with 2 days mod. I made goal last week! Yeah, baby steps! I am hoping that I'll eventually go 6 days AF per week.

MWO has been a God send to me. In the past several months I have been able to put together many AF days. I would never been able to do that on will power alone. I am so thankful to all of you.

tc

Comment

today is it!

My goal is to go ODAT, and I[B] PRAY [/B]that I can make today #1 of many AF days. I love the thread, and it is good to be back again here today!! I had alot of time, and just wasted it, but I NEED to do this for me, AA didn't work, nothing has so far, but maybe this ODAT (which is what they say in AA!?) will work.........

I will keep you all posted!:new:

MA
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

May I join you?

I have been an on and off (mostly off) participant at MWO. In reading posts on this site it appears that my drinking qualifies me for membership. In July I made it a month AF, but things quickly went downhill. So my fingers are crossed that October will be a new beginning and, instead of laying awake at night hating myself, I can return to being scared but optimistic.

If I should fail I will be the first to advocate that you give me that butt kicking, green suit and all. It is so easy to give in and rationalize that I will just start next month... It has been too many excuses - so perhaps with your help I can hold myself accountable.

Comment

Kris

You said exactly what I feel, just start out with us, I just drank already, but intend to start the AF tomorrow now that I blew it,...............just physically could not not drink..............I HATE this disease, but I am back on board on this program, feeling hopeful though I am detoxing right now at work and that is NOT easy or fun..................good luck!!!!:h :h

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Everybody: Stick w/MWO & AF ODAT. We can do this together. If you feel weak, come here & I will too. I had 2 major relapses in Sept., but before that I was sober for over 2 months. It was wonderful, & I'm going to get that back ODAT. Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi everyone, great to see a nice long thread to get the month started. A warm welcome to everyone - old friends and new - we all want to change, that's why we're here and we are doing something about it. That is a huge step in the right direction!

I've had a good day - not even a craving....and the wine is still in the fridge - forgot to give it to hubby to take with him! I swear the swimming makes a difference as to whether I have a good or bad day. If I swim early in the morning, it lifts me for the rest of the day and I feel I can tackle anything. If I don't exercise then as the day goes on, I start to think (dangerous!) about things, dad, mam, etc and before I know it, I'm pouring that first glass. Must be something to do with those old endorphins flying around. Now that mam's taxi service is no longer needed on a morning, I intend to fit in a few swims during the week. Anyway, day 1 crossed off and I feel optimistic.

Hope you have all had a good day and achieved your goal.

See you tomorrow...... Janicexxx
              AF since 9 May 2012
              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Good night, Janice.

Great going on the day AF. I know you have been working hard to get here. We'll do this one day at a time.

Sleep well.

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Just wanted to add my hello,and wish everyone well.October can be such a lovely month.
                  It was very heartwarming to see some old friends reunited.
                  I felt dissapointed with myself last month,but on my count of A/F's i did have 13,wish they were consecutive-but hey it was 2 days better than the month before and ....
                  Any way heres to tomorrow.ODAT is a great way to do it!! xx

Comment

Working...
                  X