1st day without a drink!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st day without a drink!

Yep first day for me....I've had the brilliant idea that instead of heading for my peaceful patio with the newspaper, pups and wineglass, take them for a vigorous walk down the road instead.

I'm really thining I may do it! It's absolutely bizarre. I had great intentions all day yesterday. I fully intended to spend the evening AF. I wasn't home 20 minutes before I was pouring the glass of wine...I kind of go into a numb mode where I don't let myself think or feel. It's like I'm not me.

I appreciate your help, cowgal. I love the one day at a time concept and have used it at different times in my life. I'll definitely try it today.

Comment

1st day without a drink!

:new: Cuckoosnest,
      I'm sorry about your relationship breaking up - this drinking is costing us alot in terms of relationships. My relationship is still together but very fragile because of my drinking ( and trust me he doesn't see half of it) . We have been together four years, and if we were to break up, I don't want it to end because of my drinking.
      I think the most important thing right now is we both have decided to make a change and have come to this site for support - and we're getting it. I wish you all the luck and just keep at it - you'll get there.
      Like Cowgal and Plaid said - One day at a time!
      .......and mokigirl is right - after you make it a few days you feel so good - not that you don't have set backs but at least you remebered how good it feels to wake up without a hangover and feeling proud of yourself!
      All the best to all of you !
      Hugs to all

Comment

1st day without a drink!

Confression Time! is any one there to give me more advice.

Sorry Guys,

mess-up big time,-I was only meant to take the dog to dog training last night. ALL my plans went out of the window! Had to pick up my son, iwas running late so on my way home i got only 2cans of diamond white, just to take away my headache and tireness.

I also got to confess, i been on a diet since last year, just to see if i could cut down drinking or give up. but instant iwas eating less and drinking more(lost 20lbs) God this is my own unhealth diet. I cant believe iam so so Stupid. I really thought there was a easy way of doing this.
        I know i have got to try and turn that table around and drink less and eat more.

This is meant to be a new thread, not sure how to do this.

Teardrop.x
        family is everything to me

Comment

1st day without a drink!

Teardrop,

To start a new thread, go into the forum you want, "Just Starting Out," "General Discussion," whatever, and up in the right hand corner is a button "New Thread."

Re: I thought this was going to be easy. Nope, not easy. If it was, this site wouldn't exist, numerous rehabs all over the country competing for our money. Books, cds, AA, you name it.

However, it is doable and you will find on this site many who have done it.

Hang in there and keep trying. Eventually you will overcome it as long as you keep trying.

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

1st day without a drink!

Thankyou so much, cindi.

Teardrop.x

Comment

1st day without a drink!

Day3 for me- keeping focus,
              Still dont feel like wow or over the moon yet. Yesterday it was raining where i was anyway iwas getting my take away TEA, Running because it was raining - without Thinking i started skipping for that split second, i stop, thinking that people must think am going mad. Has anyone else had that MAD moment???
              Well i must of felt good inside me.

love
              Teardrop.x

Comment

1st day without a drink!

Teardrop,

Day 3 is great! Once you get through that first week it does get easier. Really!!

No, not a breeze, but easier. The thoughts become a little fainter and you can push them back easier.

Hang in there, you are on your way!!

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

1st day without a drink!

Teardrop: I have not had any real success at AF until I came here to MWO in April. Since then, I have had some slips, but I've had much, much more sobriety than I've ever had before. Keep coming. Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

1st day without a drink!

Onces again many thanks for your support. i realize this is not going to be easy now! just hope that each week will get longer and longer with out a drink. like you have said better to have more AFdays then none.
                    Cheer's guy's(But without the drink)
                    Love

Teardrop.xxx

Comment

Working...
                    X