Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEWBIES IN NEED ODAT SUNDAY

Mary,

So glad you are in this with me. You are such a great help with your words every day.

GG, please, please post and cry out when you need help. We are truly here for you. DO NOT PUT YOURSELF DOWN MENTALLY.

I did want to say something to everyone about a couple benefits of my AF time.

1. I have not flown home so drunk that I did not even remember how I got on the planes or went through security. Yikes!! Just a matter of time before TSA took me aside. Who knows what you will do when you are running around in public drunk out of your mind??

2. I have not sat at a hotel bar or restaurant all by myself and wended my way back alone to my hotel room. A drunken single woman wandering around in a hotel is quite a victim in waiting. I have been supremely lucky I have not been mugged or worse.

Wow, reading this in print really nails home what a dangerous path drinking can lead us down.

Thanks to everyone for your support in helping me to get where I am today.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

:h Hi everyone and thankyou from the bottom of my heart for all your kind words of support and encouragement. What has really touched me is that you were all here thinking of me without me asking, thankyou so much. I cannot really find the words to express how I feel when people who dont really know me take time to care and send such kind words my way, it has really meant alot, I am also going to reply to the other threads I posted. Yesterday I just wanted to let you know that sometimes we are not lucky and have to face the real consequences of this awful problem. I think that the fact that I had been doing so well was A double blow for me but anyway I am where I am,, now I have to deal with it.I told the girls yesterday and they were so upset (another consequence) and I then went down to my mums to tell her today, I felt so much like you do when you are a child and you know youve done wrong. I so much want to be somebody my family can lean on and be proud of and I just keep messing up. They then love me so much that their forgiveness is hard to bear ,I feel so guilty for hurting so many people. Well on to business, this week I have been af 6days out of 7 but unfortunatly the one day I wasnt was when I got stopped.I get my blood tests back in 6/8 weeks and depending on the level of alcohol will depend on the severity of sentence. The policewoman came last night she was very nice and said she had never known anybody go to jail and certainly not for a first offence. I feel like im talking about somebody else not myself when I talk in these kind of terms. I dont think reality has set in yet.I have got in touch with a solicitor. I also believe that the less the policeknow about my actual drink problem the better as they are more likely to give me a longer ban if I have a problem, even if I am in the process of dealing with it. I havent been posting this last few weeks as I needed to just take a step back and concentrate on getting my self right. I dont crave the alcohol I crave the feeling it brings so I have been trying to just go with all my emotions which I did successfully till friday. This arrest is a terrible thing but it will not sway me from continuing the way I have been doing on beating this problem. Anyway I will keep posting and thankyou all again.GGXXXXXXXX

Comment

Everyone have a great week - AF if possible!
        Please try
        DB - hope you feel better soon
        Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
        X