Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Safe New Year's Eve

To all my MWO friends New and Old,

There are many here pledging to go AF on Jan 1, 2008. This is a great goal and one that, if kept, will change your lives for the better. I, too, am pledging the same thing.

However, there is still tonight - some of my friends across this planet are already there.

Remember, us alcoholics will use any excuse we can to drink with unbridled abandon. It is part of our addiction and part of our psyche.

I am praying all please consider carefully if you are going to drink tonight. Do not hurt yourselves or someone else. If you are going to drink, try to keep it down to something "reasonable," i.e. no blackouts, no car accidents, no alcohol poisoning, no stupid fights with friends and family. All this so much easier said than done once we start tipping the glasses with booze in it.

It would be a wonderful New Year's if all my friends come through unscathed and ready to take on the New Year happy, healthy and free.

I love all of you,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

A Safe New Year's Eve

Cindi that is a wonderful thought, thankyou soooo much ...

Ditto .........

Love you too xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

A Safe New Year's Eve

Hi Betty and Cindi,

Just learning all I can now I have found this site, I'm going to join you going a/f after tonight. Hope I can do it, talking in the chat room yesterday, the people told me that you and I are both in Notts Betty, isn't this website great, Its brill talking to people all over the world that have the same prob as me, it really helps to make me feel better about myself, the shame is sooo crippling sometimes and it's comforting to know I am not alone.
      All the very best to everyone. Vixta xx

Comment

A Safe New Year's Eve

Hi Vixta, :welcome:

Yes this place is just amazing .......

I've pm'd you where i'm from .......

BB xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

A Safe New Year's Eve

If you go out tonight, always make sure there is a designated driver. I have a great idea - make yourself the designated driver - that's a great way to start the year right. You will be keeping your friends and others safe, going out and having fun, and getting a good start on your resolutions.

Happy New Year Everyone
          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

A Safe New Year's Eve

Great advise Cindy and Mags! I am totally committed to a Safe, Sane and Sober New Year!

As for us, we are staying in, preparing a delicious meal and then we will watch a movie! An early morning breakfast and we are off and running in 2008!

Happy Safe, Sane and Sober New Year to ALL!!
            KateH
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

A Safe New Year's Eve

Good advice Cindi, I have decided not to drink tonight, I read a good post by chief on another thread about alcoholics not being able to moderate and that is true for me without doubt. I was kidding myself when I thought I could do it. For me its easier not to drink at all, than to have that first drink, which usually leads to disaster. I want to do this so much. Thanks to you all for your posts, nice to see you again everyone, I was away for too long! Have a Happy and Safe New Year, joesgal

Comment

A Safe New Year's Eve

Tomorrow morning...the first of 2008...will feel SO GOOD without a hangover or all the bad feelings that go with having boozed too much tonight......everyone stay safe and happy......think how great you will feel starting the New Year with a clear mind and heart :h

Suze x
                Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

A Safe New Year's Eve

Hi Everyone: Thanks for the wise words Cindi. I know I'm not going to drink today. I already filled my zero into DrinkTracker. The child in me just loves seeing a completely zeroed-in month...my second in a row. Nov. was totally AF for me.

I completely support any & all who want to go AF or mod in 2008. Please let me know how I can help. Helping others helps me. I'm beginning to realize that's how MWO works.

We're just going across the road to a neighbor for a New Year's Eve dinner...good thing, because we're supposed to get yet another snowstorm tonight into tomorrow.

Love & Happy New Year & Thank You so much, Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

A Safe New Year's Eve

There are a lot of folks who are going to quit drinking New Years Day and I think that is just fantastic! We will help you and guide you along the way.

I do want to share with you that I'm worried a few of you will try and drink as much as humanly possible today and tonight in anticipation of tomorrow. Let's be smart about this. I don't want to spoil the party but if you've already decided to make a change in your life by quitting this destructive habit, why make it as hard as you can for Day 1?

You could start today. You could wake up tomorrow without a hangover. You could be able to say for the rest of your life..." Yeah, I quit drinking New Years Eve..." I mean...you're going to be thinking of tomorrow all night anyway, right? Just a thought..

We look forward to helping each and every one of you on your journey to becoming the person you want to be...the person whose life is no longer controlled by alcohol.

Have a safe New Years Eve..... I'm sure there will be "a few" of us in chat tonight just in case anyone has nothing better to do...

Don

Comment

A Safe New Year's Eve

Chief: Hurray for you. You're absolutely right. I can't tell you how many times I got blitzed, because I was "giving up" drinking...only to go back to it a few days later.

The difference I see in myself this time was that the morning after I had my last drink (Oct. 6), I felt committed. There was no special date involved. I hadn't really binged the night before. I just knew I didn't want or need alcohol in my life any more. It wasn't easy after that, but I've never again questioned my committment to an AF life.

Happy New Year to you Chief. You hold a special place in my heart. Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

A Safe New Year's Eve

I too will start afresh tomorrow. But no partying tonight in anticipation! Maybe one glass, two tops. And right here at home with Mr. J...we had so many parties this season that we decided to be a boring old married couple, watch a movie, and snuggle in early...
                        Jane Jane

Comment

A Safe New Year's Eve

I'm planning a safe New Years at home. Making dinner for hubby and his mom. I will be splitting a bottle of wine with her and have Sparkling juice and AF wine to drink if we still want more. I hope everyone does well tonight and do not over do it even if you are waiting until Jan 1st to go AF!
                          Marcie

Comment

A Safe New Year's Eve

Okay, so are we drinking tonight? I'm supposed to go to my mom's place and she's expecting champagne, but after last night... I don't know. I really DON'T want to drink anything today.

Maybe it's silly to start sobriety (or impossible, you decide) on NYE, the biggest drinking night of the YEAR!

If I do drink, I'm not driving anywhere. That's for damn sure! The cops will be out in full force, and they ain't playin' with NOBODY when they start hauling folks in!

Comment

A Safe New Year's Eve

joesgal;247537 wrote: Good advice Cindi, I have decided not to drink tonight, I read a good post by chief on another thread about alcoholics not being able to moderate and that is true for me without doubt. I was kidding myself when I thought I could do it. For me its easier not to drink at all, than to have that first drink, which usually leads to disaster. I want to do this so much. Thanks to you all for your posts, nice to see you again everyone, I was away for too long! Have a Happy and Safe New Year, joesgal
                              Me too, Joe... me? moderate? RIGHT!

Never... it's either don't drink or risk jail time or another 8-day stint in the hospital.

Comment

Working...
                              X