Aly's Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aly's Way

:new: I have had a problem with alcohol since I was a teenager. I come from a long line of problem drinkers father. grandparents uncles cousins even my siblings have problems.And I never considered quiting drinking until my daughter told me she has no respect for me because I'm drunk every night. You see I don't drink during the day only in the evening. what a great example I have been setting for my children. I have been following the mwo program now for 8 days and feel great. not one drop of booze. and no real strong cravings but I'm having trouble sleeping. And I'm having headaches I guess it's a symptom of withdrawl. Wish me luck in my quest to be AF now and in the future.

Aly's Way

Moe, if you have 8 days already in the pocket that is so GREAT!!! You are through the worst of it, definitely any cravings will be psychological instead of physical. I know when my son looked at me and said, you drink too much, it hit like the atom bomb. Brought back all kinds of feelings about my own upbringing and I swore I would not do that to my kid. OK I never danced on a table but still it was apparent to him what I did was not normal. Good luck to you, and welcome! Suz
    The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Aly's Way

Moe, well done on making a personal change and a change that will benefit your whole family.
      Trouble sleeping and headaches are the ones to ride out over the first week or so!!
      You sound great. Good on you and keep it up.
      Best wishes.
      xx
      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Aly's Way

Moe, welcome!! You are doing awesome! I too come from a long line of elbow benders and still live with 3 of them. At least 2 people a day are drinking heavily on a nightly basis.

I found this program by accident. I can't even remember the links that brought me to it, but I've been "thankful" ever since. Today is my 2 week anniversary of being AF. I drank very heavily for years!! Stick with the program and believe me, sleep and the headahes will vastly improve. I can't believe how much better I'm sleeping.

Good luck! You are well on your way!

Love, Me
        Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Aly's Way

Moe: It took a while for the sleep problem to clear up. I've never been a great sleeper, but when I first stopped drinking, the insomnia was pretty bad. I've 90 plus AF (alcohol free) days & owe it all to MWO. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Aly's Way

:welcome: Welcome Moe!! You are doing ever so well .. I am jealous. ! This is an amazing group of people, keep posting !!!
            :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Aly's Way

I"m now 15 days AF no more headaches but still having trouble sleeping. I have had one or two cravings since I started the program I didn't give in. I've lost 7 pounds and my kids and my husband are very happy so am I. I haven't felt this good in years . I have suffered with high blood pressure for years and now it is almost back to normal I just cant believe what a bad impact booze has on your overall wellbeing. But I wonder if I will be able to moderately drink or just forget about it altogether how can you know what is the best way to go I don't want to wind up where I was.

Comment

Aly's Way

Moe: The sleeping problem is one that takes a long time to straighten out. I think the alcohol messes w/our body clocks. You might have to just ride it out. I've never been a good sleeper (one of the reasons I drank) & still have some sleepless nights after over 100 AF days. However, for me, an over the counter sleep aid once or twice a week helps. Also, I've just accepted the fact that I'll never be an 8 hour a night sleeper. The abstinence is so great that the occasional insomnia doesn't bother me. Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Aly's Way

16 days and counting

I made it to 16 days. haven't really had a real strong craving which is great and I am losing weight which is also great. Can anyone tell me how I will know if I will be able to be a moderate drinker or should just stay away from the stuff for good. I'm afraid to even try to have a drink that I might wind up right where I just came from. How will I know? I'm not talking about right away but down the line. just like to know:thanks:

Comment

Working...
                  X