I just asked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just asked

Keeta, I think it is pretty normal to want to know your family heritage. I am guessing that you might want to know if others in your birth family are alcoholic and many other things.

I agree with everyon else that has posted here, do this with your dad when you are sober. Tell him that you love him and that he will always be your dad, but that you are curious and really need these answer to be able to move forward in a positive way. But Keeta, what more2 said is also true. Sometimes the birth family that you find, will not bring the joy and love that you anticipate.

There are other ways to connect with birth families, do some research. But, do think this through. And sweetie, alcohol does not help!

Best Wishes,
    KateH
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I just asked

Keeta,
      I hope today finds you with bright sunshine and warm winds!
      Sometimes we just need the keys in our hand before we know what to do... in this case, it sounds like your adoptive dad has to ask for the records.... he isn't getting any younger, and what happens when he's gone- can you automatically get them, or do you have to find another process?

Where is the pain? At not knowing who your "real" parents are, and not knowing their "Whys?"? At your adoptive parents, because of your upbringing? At yourself, because of drinking?

If you want to find your "real" family because of genetics, then ask your dad to get the history. If he has the information, then when the time is right, then you can look at it.

I wish you well.

Patty
      Tampa, FL

Comment

Working...
      X