SIXTY DAYS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIXTY DAYS!!!

Good for you! That is fab. As to the counting, I would say that I agree that if you are planning to AF from now on, there is no need to count. Counting helps some, but can derail others. Maybe try and go a week or so without counting the days and see how you feel.

Does the number of days help motivate you or just remind you of something negative? I am trying to go for the attitude of a "lifestyle" change. I have read that this is what you have to do when you are dieting and I thought it might successfully apply to this. It is a work in progress. I went 9 days without then had 5 beers and then 3 last night. I poured out the 4th because I just didn't want it. I plan to go AF again for a while.

We are so proud of you. Your success shows us all that we can beat this.

-GC
    "If you want to change, then change." -Blonde Chic from LOST

Comment

SIXTY DAYS!!!

Congratulations Pamn, well done.

Rustop

Comment

SIXTY DAYS!!!

Thanks, everyone, for your words of encouragement! This site has helped tremendously - you don't feel quite so alone with your problem, and you can actually help others while you are helping yourself!
        :award:

None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to this whisper which is heard by him alone (Ralph Waldo Emerson).

Comment

SIXTY DAYS!!!

:goodjob: PAMN, that is excellent ........
          sigpicXXX

Comment

SIXTY DAYS!!!

Pam: 60 days is a great accomplishment. Your question about counting: I've got a little over 100 days (it was 100 last Sunday). I do keep track of my drinking in DrinkTracker. However, the actual number of AF days is becoming a little less important. That said: I have marked my 6 month & one year anniversaries on my calendar. I feel those are pretty important to me. Also, I know what my sobriety date is: Oct. 6, 2007. That's important to me as well. As far as the exact number of days: I don't think I'll be counting years from now. But, who knows? It doesn't do anyone any harm to count. Whatever works for you is fine. In the meantime, savor your accomplishment. Love, Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
            X