X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Wednesday

8days AF

Just like to say Hi everyone,
    Hope everyone is doing ok. Good luck to you ALL on a AF days.

With love
    Teardrop.x
    family is everything to me

Comment

day 2 again for me here.
      ODAT

K
      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Hi, all, no work today.........I guess everyone in LA is healthy!
        Universal...........you ARE the beautiful garden, don't ever let anyone tell you different. Believe it. Soon the butterflies will show up.

So I went running on the beach this morning, no celebrity spottings damn it and I made sure I looked so good. Since Jan 1st I have been AF barr one day last Thursday.......I'm pretty proud of that..............any time I'm tempted, I think of confessing and Mary...........it helps. Sometimes I think I'm more worried about how you guys think of me than how I feel about myself.

Have a great day

Comment

Good morning (ok, here we still have 11 more minutes so its still morning).
          Today is day 7! One week - yeah! I am feeling so good and feel very confident I'll get through tonight. I can't remember the last time I went 7 days!
          Member since January 2008
          AF since August 25, 2008

Comment

Evening all. As I promised my self (and you all!!) I'd check in again with a cup of tea or glass of water. Mug of tea is steaming beside me as I type. I don't even feel like drinking. I'm not battling with the screaming brat - she obviously wants a night off and early to bed. Good.

Something that Rustop said struck a chord with me - about reversing the journey. A while ago decided that I would not beat myself up if I drank during a run of intended AF days. Celebrate the AF days and make sure that the drinking days are as few and far between as possible and moderate. That gels with the idea of reversing the journey. I didn't just start drinking heavily overnight. It was a gradual process. (I still remember the days where I thought half a bottle of wine a night was a lot!!) Same as I am not necessarily going to be able to stop drinking overnight - it can be a gradual process as long as it is heading in the reverse direction. So thanks for that Rustop - more food for thought.

Universal - you sound so positive now. Brilliant. Lovely to read it. The garden analogy is a perfect one.

Off to put the electric blanket on

Bessie xx

Comment

Hi Ask for Help, welcome. I think there are some other active threads in the abstinence and moderation forums, under Goals; there is Day at the Inn, and Day at Modsville.

Bessie I have my nighty night tea by me too. Cowgal you just do your therapy and you'll be back in full force before you know it.

Universal we will want to know about the bf dinner!
              The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Working...
              X