Newbies in need ODAT - Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the nice comments about the horse - he is the love of my life after all! Another plus point of not drinking - getting up early and ready to ride first thing, like today. Many a time I've not ridden in the morning because I have felt too fragile - what a waste!

Greeneyes - I have been surprised at how many positives there are to not drinking. Everybody is different - you will find your own benefits. I joined in October and whilst I haven't yet managed 30 days I have managed many more days AF than I would have thought possible, including not drinking over new year and keeping it real throughout the Christmas holiday period. My attitude is changing, I know my 'triggers' far better and the longer I spend without drinking, the easier they are to deal with.

As Cowgal says, stick around. Read and post and take from this site what you need.

We'll all be here too!

Bessie xx

Comment

Day 1 AGAIN....if I don't stop I am going to lose everything I love. It is only a matter of time.
      Why am I so stupid, to continue drinking when i KNOW that.

ODAT....i CAN do this...
      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

keeta

My heart goes out to you.................as I have been in your shoes, and am slowly slipping back into them as we speak........since my knee surgery, I thought I was going to be able to avoid al, but on the contrary, I have been drinking more and more than I thought possible, have been "moderating" as best as possible, but still drinking "BUGS THE H*LL out of me!!".............I am sort of a control freak, so the fact that EVERY day I seem to drink bugs me to no end............:upset:

Sorry to vent, but I hope you find some hope in these boards...............I have to think back to my MAJOR drinking days, and for me this is NOTHING compared to then................so take that as a good thing...................this place has done wonders at getting my feelings and "crap" out there so I can sort it out...............

Stick with it!! I love you, and hope for the best !:h :h
        MA
        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

cowgal,
          I too am a control freak, but can't control my drinking, in any way. I am sorry to hear you are struggling also. Definately no need to apologise for venting, it is great to have a place TO vent.
          Thanks for caring,
          much love and hugs,
          K
          Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Hi All,

I have woken up this morning and feel like i have a hang over! Whats that about, i had one drink last night thats all. but I feel groggy and down. I thought it would be easier each day but when i wake up with a hangover i just dont get it.

Any ideas???

Have a groovy day

Comment

Hi all, I don't think I posted yesterday, did not stop from the time I woke up.
              Well, I had an incident last night.............Happy Hour at work............the sales reps occassionly sponsor get togethers so there was one last night. I had planned my evening and how I was going to handle the drinking but alas didn't work. I had some many AF days that what normally would have been OK made me drunk. I ended up leaving abruptly without saying anything to anyone.......I was hoping nobody noticed.
              Its funny I have read over and over again that you learn a lot here. I know that, but now I REALLY know that. I have learned that I like being AF, I learned that a lot of my reluctance to give up wine at this point is the romantic notion of it.............good food, pairing of wines. I've learned about my patterns and habits, all priceless. I'm figuring out if I can be moderate or will I need to be AF. All this in little over a month. Not bad.

Comment

Working...
              X