Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YAY!

Hey, Pink!

I am so happy to hear from you! What a wonderful thing you have done for yourself. It is a huge step into your new life.. I am also on Topamax and find great success with it for reducing my cravings. I think the reason for not drinking fruit juices is the sugar content. It is really wise to stay away from sugar, especially in the beginning because the sugar can tend to increase cravings. So, if you don't like v-8, you can try the LITE juices.. basically they are reduced sugar juices. Just use them only for the ALLONE (vitamin).

In reagrds to the meditation and the mindfulness, I can suggest a wonderful book. It is called Mindfulness in Plain English. It is a wonderful beginners meditation book. I give it to all my beginning meditation students. Here is a link to a free PDF download of the book. Let me know if you have any problems with this link. If you have a good printer you can print it out. If you don't you can read it from your computer, or find it at Amazon, or possibly your local bookstore. it is a fantastic book on the subject.

Mindfulness In Plain English

Hope thi shelps... Feel free to PM me anytime with any questions!

I am so happy for you, Pink! Keep going, sister!

Namaste,

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

YAY!

Wow MM........thanks so much for the link to the book......am very interested in this.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

YAY!

Pink! Very relieved to see your post! As you can tell, we were worried about you. Cheers to your success, one day at a time....
        This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

YAY!

PPCorns, so glad you are well!!!!!

i take my LGlutamine in either water or juice. since I don't use very much juice (maybe 3oz) I doubt if it's a problem. the icecream in the freezer is a bigger problem

take care dear!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

YAY!

Pink,

Congrats on the decision for detox. . I did it and it was the BEST thing I could have ever done.

I don't know where you are from but people had me scared to death to go. I heard horrible stories but it was actually not a bad experience at all. What about you??

I did replace one addiction for another. My drink of choice was lemon lime rum and now before I go to bed I have to have a scoop of rainbow sherbet. ( Lemon, lime and orange). See the pattern LOL. Oh well if thats the worst of it, its ok.

Great job and hang tough!!:goodjob:

Sound similar Determinator?????:H :H

Julie
            AF Since December 2006

Comment

YAY!

Pink
              Great to see you back!
              Very well done, you sound
              just so much better. You are
              working hard to achieve great
              results. Fantastic job!:l Pan

Comment

YAY!

meditation mama;257382 wrote: Hey, Pink!

In reagrds to the meditation and the mindfulness, I can suggest a wonderful book. It is called Mindfulness in Plain English. It is a wonderful beginners meditation book. I give it to all my beginning meditation students. Here is a link to a free PDF download of the book. Let me know if you have any problems with this link. If you have a good printer you can print it out. If you don't you can read it from your computer, or find it at Amazon, or possibly your local bookstore. it is a fantastic book on the subject.

Mindfulness In Plain English

Hope thi shelps... Feel free to PM me anytime with any questions!

I am so happy for you, Pink! Keep going, sister!

Namaste,

MM
                Thank you SO much for the book recommendation! It looks like a good one--and one I might actually understand. I am not too good at reading lengthy stuff online, so I've just requested it via interlibrary loan from my local library. I can't WAIT for it to get here. I can't tell you how much the meditation, mindfulness and yoga groups helped ground me.

Hugs.

Comment

YAY!

I love you all!

I don't want to do a poor-me thing, but I'm afraid it will turn out sounding like one anyway.

I have never in my life (and I'm 45) had anyone give any concern to my well-being. Never. Not even my parents. I cannot tell you how much it means to me to have this huge cheerleading section rooting for me (and others). I thank you from the bottom and top and middle of my heart.

Comment

YAY!

Oh, Pink, you are going to make me cry this morning! I am just so happy for you right now...... You will love this book. It will give you so much perspective on so many things and it is REALLY easy to read. He is interesting, funny and writes so we can all understand...

You can read my Saturday Morning Meditation thread, if you are interested.. sit..

Keep going, girlfriend - you are on it now!

Namaste,

MM
                    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

YAY!

meditation mama;257568 wrote: Oh, Pink, you are going to make me cry this morning! I am just so happy for you right now...... You will love this book. It will give you so much perspective on so many things and it is REALLY easy to read. He is interesting, funny and writes so we can all understand...

You can read my Saturday Morning Meditation thread, if you are interested.. sit..

Keep going, girlfriend - you are on it now!

Namaste,

MM
                      You have already made me cry this morning! But in a good and liberating and most hopeful way. I will definitely go read you Saturday Morning Meditation thread.

Comment

YAY!

Pink... What supplements are you on? Maybe a lot of the symptoms you are having could be reduced by supplements, especially because of the detox....

MM

Comment

YAY!

meditation mama;257573 wrote: Pink... What supplements are you on? Maybe a lot of the symptoms you are having could be reduced by supplements, especially because of the detox....

MM
                          I purchased the supplement package from MWO. So I have everything I'm supposed to need. I'm not good about taking them, though, because I'm not good about eating. I badly need to fix that.

Comment

YAY!

I know what you mean.. It took me a while to fix that with me, too. What I did was plan out my daily meals and supplements, i.e., breakfst i will eat (...) and take (supplement), and for lunch I will eat (..) and take (supplement). I know it sound juvenielle, but forme, I needed to get into a routine of eating healthy. It worked and I eat very healthy and take my supplements without hesitation. I have one of those pill boxes that I get ready for the week. It is really helpful!

I also wanted to extend and invitation to come over and join us in the INN for 30 days! It is a lot of fun and the support is great. Here is a link for the Sunday post that we post every Sunday.. it is fun group, and we all need a few laughs along the way... it has helped a lot of people get to that 30 day sobriety mark!!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...les-17315.html

The other good thread is the Daily Thread under Abstinence.. GREAT sobriety and support with that bunch! I really feel like it helps to connect with peolple. When I came first, I really didn't, and I didn't stay sober. This time, I have really given myself and poured myself out on these web pages and asked and given help - I am now sober. I am because of this place.. no doubt. So my advice - stay close, and post.. read.. and come to chat...

MM

Comment

YAY!

Hi Pink and welcome back!!

It sounds like you are really on the right track. I'm so glad you found this site. It's been a lifesaver for many people. And I can't tell you how many posts I read while you were gone wondering where and how you were. You now have a lot of people caring about you! :h
                              Love,
                              Auntie
                              AF since Jan. 25th, 2011 :thumbs

Comment

Working...
                              X