Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I never realised there were so many people like me ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome! I know the feeling. I joined recently too and always thought I was alone. There are a lot of caring people here and so many who want what you want. Keep coming back. Congratulations on your seven days.

Comment

Hey Wine is Not, No one is going to tell you what to do here about drinking but we will all help each other to achieve our goals. I know myself and what I have seen from many other posts is that I am not ready to have a drink yet. Not even one, even though I sure want one, fantasize about one, plan one having one (in my imagination). Holidays, travel any thing that takes me out of my routine is a trigger. I know that i will travelling to visit family later this year and I haven't yet decided how to handle it. What ever you decide for your self please keep posting and reading.
      sigpic

Comment

hi i`m very new to all this...good work to all u others though!!! been drinking in evenings for the last 9 years(since my daughter was born)...it was a pretty rough time but thats no excuse right? i need help basically!!!

Comment

:welcome: :welcome: Hi Sarah: maybe you should start a new thread on the "Just starting out" ... you will get more help/responses. This is a great site. i'm a mess too and the site is giving me some tools ...
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Hey!!! I think you have come to the right place. I was a skeptic at first and was totally numb to all the high fives at first. But they are addictive and I think are going to help me more than the deliveries I plan on kissing the postman for.

Comment

Love the name. Wish I had thought of that!
              Welcome aboard and keep posting. We are all in similar boats, trying to stay afloat!

Winefree

Comment

WIND - congrats on day 8! You are doing great.

If I'm doing the math correctly, you are not going on holiday for another 3 weeks. Try not to worry about it right now. Give yourself time to adjust to your new body and mind being AF. When I started on this site my intention was to moderate. I don't even want AL anymore. I can't see myself drinking ever again. My pride and selfworth feels so much better than a buzz. There is no contest. Just take each day slowly, and focus on the moments you need to stay AF. By the time your vacation arrives, you may not even have to worry about choices. They just might take care of themselves for you.

Stay strong. You can do it. We are here for you.

Love, Me
                :l
                Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Working...
                X