Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Significantly functional alcoholic

Hi Drake & to MWO .......

This is an amazing place but be warned its very very addictive, I don't have time to drink anymore .......... Attached files [img]/converted_files/415743=2998-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/415743=1763-attachment.jpg[/img]
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Drake,
      I, too, have always felt that I deserved alcohol after working hard. This could be having cleaned the house, worked in the garden, made it through a day at work, made it through a funeral, hearing bad news, disciplining my children, or some other stressful event. This idea has been ingrained in me from my family's attitude toward alcohol. In the last couple of weeks, having realized the "trigger", I now try to recognize it and try to figure out a different reward. This could be a little chocolate, putting on my PJ's and heading to bed early, whatever. It has helped immensely. And I do recommend the supplement program--I do believe the the Kudzu is helping with cravings. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks Jackie and Betty.... this is helping already... You all are as important as the supplements I think!

Comment

welcome!!

Drake, :welcome: You have found an amazingly wonderful supportive and loving place!! Read, post, share all your successes and struggles w/ us! You will find "your way out" (Korney!!) !!

Lots of love and hugs!!:l :h

Fellow Floridian, boy there are lots of us here, huh!?

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

MA, You had to say Florida!!!!! I will be there from the rainy UK in 13 days, cant wait!!!
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Thanks, Thankful!

Comment

Hi Drake and welcome,

I, too am a functional alcoholic. I have been trying to quit for months. I stop for a few days and then the little voices tell me . . . "you are not that bad. You are rarely hungover. You NEVER miss work. You have not gotten a DUI. Your family has never said anything to you (which does not necessarily mean that they are not troubled by it.) Wine relaxes you. At least you are not on antidepressants. You deserve it. It makes you easier to be around . . . .blah, blah, blah!"! It also numbs me from experiencing all my family has to offer. It contributes to "memory loss". It interferes with my sleep. I AM MISSING OUT ON MY LIFE. I AM KEEPING MYSELF FROM BEING THE MOST THAT I CAN BE.

I have a funny example of how my drinking is "not" effecting me. Last night I went to make dinner and opened a bag of grated cheese to find raw baby carrots mixed in it. When cleaning up the kitchen with my glass of wine the other night I put the leftover baby carrots in the cheese bag instead of into the bag of carrots. . . . Yeah, I am functional!!)
                Have to LAUGH!! Quite honestly I can't do this if I don't poke fun!!!!

Best to you!
                Evergreen

Comment

evergreen;259398 wrote: Hi Drake and welcome,

I, too am a functional alcoholic. I have been trying to quit for months. I stop for a few days and then the little voices tell me . . . "you are not that bad. You are rarely hungover. You NEVER miss work. You have not gotten a DUI. Your family has never said anything to you (which does not necessarily mean that they are not troubled by it.) Wine relaxes you. At least you are not on antidepressants. You deserve it. It makes you easier to be around . . . .blah, blah, blah!"! It also numbs me from experiencing all my family has to offer. It contributes to "memory loss". It interferes with my sleep. I AM MISSING OUT ON MY LIFE. I AM KEEPING MYSELF FROM BEING THE MOST THAT I CAN BE.

I have a funny example of how my drinking is "not" effecting me. Last night I went to make dinner and opened a bag of grated cheese to find raw baby carrots mixed in it. When cleaning up the kitchen with my glass of wine the other night I put the leftover baby carrots in the cheese bag instead of into the bag of carrots. . . . Yeah, I am functional!!)
                  Have to LAUGH!! Quite honestly I can't do this if I don't poke fun!!!!

Best to you!
                  Evergreen
                  This story is more familiar that I would like to admit.

Comment

Croft
                    We are in good company!! We are not alone! We can do this together!
                    Evergreen

Comment

Yes, evergreen--all that is me to a "T".... I never get angry either with alcohol... all of it makes it so easy to pretend "nothing is wrong here"....

Comment

Working...
                      X