what the HELL is my problem???!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DH - so sorry you feel this way. I could have written that post everyday for about 15 yrs. My entire life has been on hold because of alcohol. I am the Queen of Procrastination. I tell you about it later...chuckle.

I agree with what has been said. You really have to figure out the "whys". Why do you really drink? And why do you want to stop? Really give this some indepth thought. Not just the obvious answers.

I have spent the last month thankfully AF but still learning a lot of triggers that I never realized I had. I thought I drank because of stress and boredom. Now I realize that I am bored whether I have a can of soda or a can of beer in my hand. So that was just a stupid reason to drink in my book. Wasted a lot of time on that excuse, let me tell you. Stress has to be dealt with head on. It's always going to be a part of our lives. Drinking only adds more stress and...well, you know. The other triggers I have learned recently about only made me see how addictive this poison really is. Last Sunday - big NE vs SC game - woohoo! I wanted a beer, but stayed good and opened an O'Douls. That damn can was still half full by the time the game ended! I didn't want a beer. I was just used to drinking when I watch sports!! Never saw it as a habit that went hand in hand before, you know? So find out what your "triggers" are. Everytime you drink, really think about what made you want to. When you find these triggers you are better prepared next time it happens. Believe me when I tell you this will help tremendously!! You have to arm yourself with defenses!!

The book and the supps are not magic. They are just tools. You still have to put in the work of your "whys". You can do it. It will happen for you. I know it will. You are too great of a person for it not to. We are here...always.

Love, Me
    :l
    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Hi dex it took me almost a year to get to where I am, and I wasn't a serious falling on my face blacking out and making an embarrassment out of myself drunk.

I am not sure how chronic your drinking is, but it takes a lot of time and perseverance, and I mean a lot. I am now moderating, but am constantly making sure that I balance all my activities or else I know I'll end up depressed drunk and broke again. I just come here to remind myself that it's ugly when your life revolves around a bottle of hooch
      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Dexter, It also took me a long time to get where I am. I've had some long stretches of time AF and I over do it on occasion. It does take time and work but things are soooo much better for me now, they can be better for you as well. It's not easy, but definitely worth it!
        Marcie

Comment

Hey, I think, just by asking for help, by recognising that you want to stop, and feeling that there is a possibility that you can, is a few steps nearer, you will find the resources from somewhere, at some time, be gentle with yourself, these things take time.

Geordegirl

Comment

:l DH,

I read a lot of your posts and I do not have a magic formular for you, but I think you already have the most powerful tool right there at your hand. YOU ARE VERY POSITIV AND SENSITIVE......just reading some of your posts makes me feel good and I am positive that you will find the way out. The answer for you is right there....you just have to see it and learn how to use it.....
            Maybe you should focus on your spiritual site....listen to your guardian angel (I know he is there...:nutso: now you may think I'm a fuc..... nut). Talk to him, do it in meditation, do it in your dreams.......although you can't hear him, he can hear you, ask him for a way out, for a hint to guide you. He is probably frustrated because anytime he tried to give you a hint you acknowledged it with a glas and a CHEERS BUDDY Try to listen, you are here and I do not believe in coincidences (Oh well, and that applies for all of us.....I refused to listen too and got a spank in the right direction)

Love ya

Comment

Hi Dex, right there with you and all above, Have managed AF since Christmas, first few days were good as feeling very virtuous but then reality set in, then came the poor me's, the fighting with myself, the well what now's........ . Of course this is my umpteenth zillionth time of 'trying' and it is NOT easy but very very eye opening. All I can offer you just now is 'if at first you don't succeed..... try harder' and DEFINATELY DO NOT DOWN YOURSELF.... you are struggling that is ALL, this too will pass.

Love Lx
              Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Oh Dexter- here's a thought. If you decide to give up on yourself, contact Miss Tea, and move to Scotland.
                There's a chick in her office looking for a drinking buddy....

P.S. If you DO go, make sure you bring some goof-off. I suspect there may be some gum stuck on some of the chairs.... :H

I love you gals.:heart:

Patty
                Tampa, FL

Comment

Dear friends: THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!:l I have been reading all your posts over and over. You are all so amazing :rockband: I think it is a miracle I have found this group of people.
                  I am probably going to be a work in progress for a while but i am feeling more accepting of that, thanks to all of your words.

NHHHL/Patty suggested how to deal with Dickhead Al in my life .. with an amazing suggeston .. I will try to mentally attach DICK CHENEY's FACE onto each alcoholic beverage I consume. Talk about behavior modification :H

And Dexter the real cat says hello to all of you :catroll:
                  (Ok, i finally figured out that there are a bunch more cute icons ... i can't help myself)
                  :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Working...
                  X