Well-Meaning Mental Health Professionals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well-Meaning Mental Health Professionals

Yak, they should not have a licens......its like having a butcher cutting your hair

Ninja, first of all a BIG HUG from here!
    THIS IS NOT WHAT IT SHOULD BE! My hubby wanted to divorce me over my once a week drinking. Hired a lawyer and went to a "marriage counsellor" at the same time. I thought, great, since they are supposed to see us both and adress "our" issues. Instead he came home, yelling at me that the counsellor told him "AA would not be enough for me, I need to be locked up for at least 90 days in a facility in the out of nowhere, I am bipolar and need to be tested for other mental deceases". What is she? A clairvoyant? Diagnosis via glassball? Well, I had a rough time at home :-) I needed 24 hours rest, picked up the phone, called the board for mental health, told them about it and asked whether this is normal. They wrote down her name and I bet she is in some sort of trouble :H
    Next I called a 1800 559 9503 helpline, there I got directly connected to "Palmpartners" a facility in FL. Spoke long with a real counsellor, felt soooooo goooood, found this SITE (love you all) and picked a real good counsellor here (my choice), I picked a real MD (psychiatrist) who also is specialized in Drug and al abuse. Great guy!
    Use the Internet, find someone you feel comfortable with. Stay away from "public" (e.g city mental health care center). No offense folks, but as a European I had to realize, that here in the US you can booth like hell, people wont care...but as soon as you "admit" you have a problem you get the "whole hypocritical works".....They just love to handle you as a decease, pump phamaceuticals into your body, treat you like you have ebola and go home to their own refrigiator to get a bottle of wine....

Love ya all

Carm

Comment

Working...
    X