Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what the hell am i doing.to get this far

Tlrgs

You made the right choice. I'm sure she will be taken care of.

And yes you get some sleep because then you will be able to think more clearly.

Hope all is well soon. Keep us posted.

Comment

Hi Tirgs, you did the right thing, we cannot do everything ourselves and you would feel a whole lot worse if something was happening to her internally that you would have had no way of knowing about. Get some rest and look after YOU.

Lx
      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

What is her pain program? I've been in chronic pain for 7+ years and use a combination of meds/therapies and finally got it under control--not gone, just more tolerable. Do you have any blue ice packs that you can put in the freezer? It's not a panacea (sp), but place it in a pillowcase to prevent freezer burn and apply to painful area 20 minutes at a time. You can do this every 1-2 hours if you want. Some folk alternate with a hot water bottle. So, whatever she prefers is fine. It will help her pain medicines to work better.
        Pain sucks. She is so lucky to have you helping her in her time of need. Will she accept gentle massage to the muscles surrounding the surgery site? Maybe mellowing out the muscles will provide some relief.
        I think the hardest thing to do is someone you love in pain, and feel so helpless to not be able to "fix" it. You don't have to fix it, just be there for her---it is your greatest gift.

Comment

:l

Comment

Tlgrs: My heart goes out to you and your girlfriend. Hang in there. Please try not to drink. -Reenie
            September 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
            X