Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First timer saying hello

..hello.

So I'm new here.. Don't quite know where to start, but here goes: I'm in my early twenties and I'm pretty bored with life. In my teens I had a sense of hope for some kind of future, but the hope just faded away over the past few years.. This leads me to my drinking. Well I'm guessing my drinking is based on escapism of some sorts, the only problem is that it doesn't help me escape from anything.

It's a bit difficult to describe at the moment, with all these thoughts running through my head...

Basically it's like this: I don't like myself when I'm sober, but then I like myself even less when I'm drunk...

I'm just hoping that spending some time here, might clear my head and lift my spirit...

over and out

First timer saying hello

Welcome Rimbaudelaire! You've started just fine. Spend a lot of time here reading and posting. You'll find you've come to the right place. I wish I'd caught myself drinking in my early twenties and thought about it like you have. As far as I'm concerned, you are ahead of the game right now.
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

First timer saying hello

Rim,

:welcome:

Hopefully, you will get to the point where you like yourself sober.

Glad you are here!!

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

First timer saying hello

I'm a poetry freak and I love your name! Welcome!

I think you're describing a pretty common syndrome here: feeling uncomfortable (anxious, lonely, agitated, etc. ), drinking to escape, the drinking making you feel even more depressed and self-loathing, more drinking to escape. It's lovely, eh?

Keep reading and posting. It was so smart of you to come here and start taking a look at things. Looking froward to hearing more-

WW xx

Comment

First timer saying hello

Rimbaudelaire~

Welcome to MYO-land! It is hard to know where to start, isn't it? It is kind of like a blank page. Give us a bit of background. Read tons, then post questions. I look at this place sort of like an interactive journal, of sorts. I put my true self out there and get feedback. It has been invaluable in my growth.

My suggestions is to try to get to know yourself, your true self. I think you will be surprised. Many of us have chosen to abstain and there are some great threads to support that. Think about giving yourself 30 days to get to get clear, get to know yourself a bit, and get to know us.

I look forward to seeing you around...

Namaste,

MM
          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

First timer saying hello

Okay, I'm seeing a lot of MYO instead of MWO. What does MYO mean? TIA and sorry I'm a dummy.
            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

First timer saying hello

New here too, Good luck to you
              sigpic
              Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you?ve imagined,,,,,

Comment

First timer saying hello

Noelle;287365 wrote: Welcome Rimbaudelaire! You've started just fine. Spend a lot of time here reading and posting. You'll find you've come to the right place. I wish I'd caught myself drinking in my early twenties and thought about it like you have. As far as I'm concerned, you are ahead of the game right now.
                ditto!!!!!!!

:welcome:

Comment

First timer saying hello

Noelle;287399 wrote: Okay, I'm seeing a lot of MYO instead of MWO. What does MYO mean? TIA and sorry I'm a dummy.
                  Noelle,
                  perhaps it is the "topa dopa" typing error???:H

Comment

First timer saying hello

hi :welcome::welcome::goodjob::goodjob:
                    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

First timer saying hello

Hi Rimb, Hi Fairy, welcome to you both. Hope you have time to read through the posts, you will find all the support you need and loads of down to earth advice. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Lx
                      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

First timer saying hello

Just wanted to say :welcome:!!!How smart of you to be so mindful of this problem already at your age...wish i would have cared in my early 20's!trust me,you are so ahead of the game in getting it under control now,rather than waiting until you are in your 30's or 40's..you must be very smart!this is a great place,glad to have you!
                        :lRebecca

Comment

Working...
                        X