Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding alchohol

Re: sounds so familiar - Hiding the empties

Once my neighbor caught me burying the beer bottles under the other containers in the recycling bins.

He said, "hiding the evidence?"
    I said, "No, I don't want the wind to blow the lighter recyclibles all over the neighborhood."

At the time, I thought it sounded plausible.
    That's right, empty beer bottles weigh less than empty plastic pop bottles.

That's when I switched to putting out the empties at midnight.

-E

Comment

Hiding alchohol

hiding alcohol

Have you heard that nasty song "My Hump" by Black Eyed Peas. Every time I hear it, I think of this thread and laugh!! ..."Whatcha gonna do with all that junk, all that junk inside your trunk...I'm gonna gonna get you drunk get you love drunk off my hump"...So to all of you who hid it in your trunk (Marcie, moovinon, etc...) I dedicate this song to you! Gina

Comment

Hiding alchohol

Re: hiding alcohol

You crack me up Gina! :lol

Comment

Hiding alchohol

Re: hiding alcohol

Good one, Gina.

Comment

Hiding alchohol

Gina's a Hoot

Haha! See now Gina, I'm going to think of that too when I hear that song from now on.

I have found empty bottles under the kitchen sink days later and wondered, when on earth did I put it there. I was more so guilt of stashing empties around the house so that who ever was here wouldn't see them in the regular trash. I could care less about who would see it in the recycle bin....I guess I was that crazy!!

I found then in the laundry room too, those were my favorite places to hide them in the house...So glad that's over.

Comment

Hiding alchohol

Re: Gina's a Hoot

Hi Gina,

I never had a song dedicated to me before.
              "All that junk."

-E

Comment

Hiding alchohol

I had a few tricks too. I use to buy beer (same brand as in the frig), and hide it in my closet. Then, every time I'd drink one, I'd replace it so it wouldn't look like any were gone. (If I didn't my husband would notice because I drank too many).

In the morning when I'd cook breakfast, I'd drink wine or champagne, but always hid it under the counter in case my husband came downstairs. On our boat in the morning, I'd wait for husband to go up to the bathrrom, then I'd slam a beer or two and hide the empties in my overnight bag. I always kept an eye out so he wouldn't catch me. One morning, I left the bottle cap on the counter -- I always wondered if he saw it.

In the evening, I would hide one glass under the cabinet (in our bar in the family room) and keep one glass in front of me. Every time he'd leave the room, I'd drink from the hidden glass. This way he wouldn't know how much I'd been drinking.

I could go on unfortunately.....

Comment

Hiding alchohol

I am going to open this up again for everyone who keeps asking where it is!

Okay...I use to hide it while cooking behind the paper towel holder, behind the mag. rack in family room, under chair while reading....(plus all the other mentioned on this thread..)....... In garage was always a good one here where I live, it's very cold right now....read from the start and enjoy!

Laughter is good, so if you have something to add; please do!
                  Love,
                  Tammie

Comment

Hiding alchohol

oh god . . . I would only put a third of the bottles of beer/wine/whatever in the recycle bin. The rest would be in the trash; to make sure the bottles wouldn't "clink" together too much I'd layer bottles with paper trash, and never never put the bottles on the outside where you could see them through the plastic trash bag . . . is that insane or what?

For a while before my husband died and (I was drinking too heavily even then) I didn't want him to know how much I was drinking I would keep beers in the basement, sneak down, slam down a beer or two, and then stuff the empties up into the old unused ductwork. Oh lord, if I ever sell this house and someone tries to re-convert it from oil back to forced hot air . . . .

Ter

Comment

Hiding alchohol

OK, This refers to a post wayyy back..."can you say travel mugs?"....Sure.
                      But, ...Can you say airport security? Hence, pump hairsray bottle, or 7 up bottle.
                      About 10 or 12 yrs ago I had a pint of vodka in a carry on bag, returning from Kawai. My boyfriend at the time didn't like my drinking, & was only beginning to realize the severity of my problem. I'd made promises, probably the day before,...or something...
                      So, when security asked if they could remove the bottle from my bag ( right there in front of God & everybody), He went BALISTIC! Threatened to cancel his flight... & not come home w/me ...in hind sight, that would've been one of the nicest things he ever did for me...but noooo.!!! (Instead he waited for a different opportunity to dump me ...pregnant in Tahiti!! What a guy!)But that's a dif story.
                      One of the most humiliating moments of my life...
                      If I'd only known then what I know now!
                      Hugs & Prayers, Judie

Comment

Hiding alchohol

re; hiding alchohol

New here, & u girls r cracking me up::b

I've done all the above even as bad as hiding bottles above 4 yr. olds hutch IN HER ROOM (terrible)

Thanks for the laughs, good luck everyone.......

Comment

Hiding alchohol

Re: Hiding alcohol

CS this sounds lie my story!!! I have somethign funny to share that I hve done recently to HIDE IT. The UPS guy came for a delivery and I put on a medical mask and said/pretended I was "sick" so he couldn't smell the alcohol and why I might be in my robe at noon! It is funny - but horrific. I feel like I am at the bottom of the food chain. Soooo much shame. How I got here I have not definative idea. Thank you for sharing - my spousal unit has to know - but maybe he doesn't care.
                          With Love and Good wishes for success, Elle

Comment

Hiding alchohol

Re: crumpled cans and find the bottles

We think we're SO sneaky when the only ones we're fooling is ourselves. I used to buy those little airplane bottles of parrot bay and hide them in my maxi pad bags, in my luggage, in my panty drawer, in the car - my "emergency stash". I would buy captain morgan's and hide it behind the fridge with the cleaning supplies (no one but me ever looked there) and leave another full bottle in the liquor cabinet so not to arouse suspicion. I drank wine out of plastic cups that I usually used for regular diet coke. I would even buy big bottles of gatorade, drink some and fill the rest with vodka. I'll give you 3 guesses who the joke's on.

Comment

Hiding alchohol

Okay... I have been doing really good with the alcohol.. doing moderation really well. But having a cigarette or two.. that's all I can handle or I get sick, really helps to curb my appetite for drinking. So my problem?? My husband is a smoker and always is happy to lend me my evening cigarette or two, as he sees how much less I drink. He is OUT of cigarettes, and I KNOW I have half a pack hidden somewhere in the house, but dad gummit... I cant find them for the life of me?? How the hell do I think of these places? My daughter has never seen me smoke, so now I am getting antsy just even thinking she might be the one to stumble on them...

This is not good!! I keep darting around the house looking under and IN everything... surely they will turn up??

Comment

Hiding alchohol

alli - i laugh with you, you sly cat! i do/did the same thing thinking i was sooooo unique to be one of a small populous smart enough on evasion techiques! i think hiding it with the cleaning supplies under the sink is the most FREUDIAN SLIP techique in the world - with all other poisons if ingested. i just DO NOT UNDERSTAND why no one says anything. if someone has something hanging out of their nose i WILL say something about it - not let them sit at the table with it there! for me another CLEVER clandestine technique has been the ever popular EVIAN bottle ...filled with vodka and 7Up.. or the 7UP bottle mixed with Vodka. Vodka is stealth looking enough, if it just didn't smell... i guess that is what peanut butter was invented for.

Comment

Working...
                                X