Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first timer jitters

Hi Fedup,

Good to hear from you! Great going on four days! Sorry to hear about the fever. Hope the supps will help with how you are feeling. The calms forte should really help with the insomnia. Good luck tonight at work! Hang in there!

Donna

Comment

first timer jitters

First time jitters

Hi Fellover

You sound as though you are doing really well. I have just joined this afternoon. I have had no alcohol for 2 days after at least a bottle of gin a night. Sleeping, or lack of it is hell at the moment. I am determined to stop this time, and finding this site and having read it for about 4 hours gives me great inspiration. I understand what you said about smoking as I used to as well. I was hypnotised by a colleague at work and stopped overnight. About a year later I relapsed but soon got sick of it again, then just remebered what my colleague had said and stopped it again, and have not smoked for at least 6 or 7 years. I am hoping these tapes will do the same, although I dont really want to stop altogether. About the thing you said about the ginger ale, I love ginger wine, and found when I was at a craft fair the other day there was non alcoholic ginger wine for sale. Hopefully it will supplement me for a little, or is that dangerous. Maybe the others may know. Anyway, just to let you know somebody else is feeling the pain with you at the moment and together we must soldier on

bye and good luck

Kirky

Comment

first timer jitters

Re: First time jitters

Hey Kirky welcome aboard, I reply'd to your other post in the Newbie thread. But I think we were typing @ the same time! :rolleyes Just wanted to say Hi! Congrats On ordering the book & on 3 days! It'll definately get better from here... Hang in there:b Hugs, Judie

Comment

first timer jitters

Re:getting easier

Hi Kirky

I'm sure it does get easier as you go. I'm aiming for 30 days and have just completed 17. I really don't think about it as much as I did when I began and I don't miss the evening drink as much...or maybe I'm accepting that it just isn't going to happen for a while yet! My big fear is relaxing and before I know it the old habits have crept back. That is where I will have to monitor the moderation thing. I listened to the cd last night and hopefully like it says in the book my urge to continue drinking once I start will abate.

Anyway all the best for the next few days. I'll check in again soon.
          Alison

Comment

Working...
          X