Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here

Sharyn,

I'm not doing the topa so I don't know if the other aussies had trouble getting it. I found most of the other supps fairly easily but had to order the kudzu from MWO.

I didn't tell my bloke I was doing this - he's a drinking man but doesn't see it as a problem. And that's actually working for me because I silently count his drinks and tell myself "well, that's another six I haven't had".

See you around.
    Tawny

Comment

new here

hi tawny,
      Do you have conflict becauise he is drinking. It is such a childish thing I know but it p**ses me off no end that he can drink and stop when he feels like it but with me it's like drink has me by the throat.............. well it is actually 7.25pm on 29th march on this side of the world!!!!!!!!

Comment

new here

Sharyn,
        I'm in Australia also.. not doing meds, but Mish is from here and I think she does topa.. if you look back on early posts (right from the beginning) and find Mishio (I think thats how she posts.. she may have put in there how she got it here.

Good luck.
        Brigid

Comment

new here

Re: Re: new here

I'm from the US, so maybe not in a position to talk about OZ, but from what I understand it's hard getting a doc to prescribe topa off label for drinking. Maybe if you pretend you have migraines you can get the topa......Everyone who has posted recently has been refused topa for drinking in Austrailia that I remember.....There is always going offshore, but that is so expensive!

Topa is a great help. It don't think it is as easy as described in the book. RJ and Brenda were extremely motivated! Lots of us have slipped and fallen a few times before completely getting out act together. If you want to drink socially, you really have to be vigilant. The biggest problem is that we want topa to do it ALL. I was 11 days abstinent in January, then got pretty sloppy through Feb again. Now 17 days sober again. You provide the motivation and planning, and the topa makes it much easier. Your body won't crave a drink, but your mind will still want to play the old tricks on you and rationalize drinking!

Hope this helps! Welcome!

Kathy

Comment

new here

hi guys,
            ok, yesterday was my first day on topa, and I guess I was expecting miracles and it didnt happen. I had my usual 8 beers. Does it take awhile to get into your system? I took another one this morning, and it is weird but I feel like it is giving me energy, not making me tired. And what else is weird is I am craving drinking more today than usual. Maybe because I am thinking about it where I usually dont think about it during the day. In any event, I am going to keep at it, and am waiting on the supps & CD's. To those whose doctors wont prescribe for drinking, tell them you have migraines. I hate to say that, but if this saves your life a little white lie wont hurt. It is the #1 medication prescribed for migraines. Good luck to all,

SO glad to hear from all of you. I feel better just being here and talking.

Comment

new here

Welcome to you all! I'm new too and can sure relate to your stories. I got fed up with myself just like you said. Each morning I would say "THIS is the day I stop" and by that afternoon I would be saying "well, maybe tomorrow..." and I would stop for beer. Even the first few days after finding the site and starting the supplements, I still stopped for beer but a few of those days I didn't drink all six.

I stopped cold turkey last Saturday when I broke my foot and spent two days in the hospital, and am now laid up for the next week or so. Quite a harsh way to do it, and I know that everybody can't do it that way of course, but I guess it was the slap in the face I needed to MAKE me stop. Much better than causing a car accident or getting a DUI though, which were the two things I always feared.

I have found that reading everyone else's stories has helped me tremendously. I haven't posted all that much, but have read nearly every word that others have said, and it has helped me so much to know that there are others just like me. I spent many years thinking I was the only person this was happening to.

Comment

new here

Another new guy

My story is probably no different than many others...

But my time has come. I have hit absolute rock bottom and I MUST stop. I don't know where to begin...

Except to say "help me, please".

Comment

new here

Re: Another new guy

Welcome Beano, you came here because like the rest of us you are searching to change and take back control of your life. you can do it here and get lots of support. Read the posts, read about the program and get the book an dgo from there.

Stay with us and we will be here for you.

Yvonne

Comment

new here

Re: Another new guy

Beano,

We've all been there (that's why we're here). I'm just starting so know how you are feeling. I feel better more and more everyday. With work on your part and this program, you will be feeling better too very soon. There are some really wonderful, understanding, supportive people here to help you through. Read the book, get the supps and cds, see your doctor--get things rolling. You're not alone. Promise.

Sved

Comment

new here

I think I need to get a broken foot!!!!!

Hi Guys,
                      Still drinking, hubby & I went out to indian tonight but I didn't drink tonight like I usually do!!! So well done to me but I still have a struggle (sorry sometimes I cannot spell) I am so glad I have found people who feel like I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      My problem is I did something so awful one night (with my husbands blessing I might ad) but it is giving me so much grief that I am not sure if I can handle it. Now he keeps on bringing it up and I don't know what to do? I want to be soooooooo
                      good yet I am so bad. I do need to talk to somebodwhen they reply I feeze up!!!!!!
                      My heartful praise for all of you struggling out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Love Shas

Comment

new here

Re: I think I need to get a broken foot!!!!!

Sharyn ... can u get into chatroom?

Comment

Working...
                        X