X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another newbie..

'good' NA beer

Hey everyone-

I started on 3/11 and besides being an absolute bear to live with at the moment, I'm doing fine. I posted last night to thank those who replied to my first comments-- so helpful to know there are so many like myself out there!

My experience with NA beer--- Guinness makes a brand that is really tasty and I believe Heineken does as well.

I also really zeroed in on Roberta's butter comment. I have been thinking about it a lot. It is my goal. I hardly ever use butter. I would never think about having 3-4 sticks a day (I?d be dead by now). I want that reboot thing to happen to me. I so do not want to give up all my lovely ice cold N New England microbrews while watching the sunset in late summer. I just want to have 1 or 2.

You are all so wonderful. Have a great night.

Comment

Another newbie..

Re: 'good' NA beer

Jenny, the butter statement hit home with me too. Gotta have butter on bread, but not 2 more sticks after the bread!! I'd love to be able have a nice Chianti with Lasagna and when I'm done eating, cork the bottle for the next time I have Lasagna rather than finishing off the bottle!

I have had the Guinness NA beer, but it's hard to find around here. Actually, I'm not gonna do NA too often, just makes me want the real thing even worse. I'm finding that tonic water and lime is a good substitute for the drink I'm used to carrying around. Better yet, keeping too busy to carry anything around really seems to work!

Good luck all of you!

Comment

Another newbie..

nice tan

What did the Oregonian say to the Pillsbury Doughboy?
        "Nice Tan!" Ha!

Comment

Another newbie..

Re: nice tan

LOL! Hey I get to escape to sunny Moab, Utah on a mountain bike trip next week! Wooohooo, can't wait!! How you doing Judie?

Comment

Another newbie..

nice tan

B---h! Oh, I'm fine thanks! Actually, I used to live about 2 hr drive from Moab. In Telluride, Co. Went there for a day, and stayed 20 yrs!
            Used to ski T-ride in the AM & go kayak in Moab in the afternoon during the spring(about now).
            Oh, the desert in the springtime... have fun!! I hear Moab has really grown. So has T-ride... it used to be such a cool little Mt. town, now it's a little city. They say all the billionairs kicked all the millionairs out of Aspen so they all bought up Telluride. Need a modern day "Butch & Sundance" to even things out! Maybe Thelma & Louise are available... they know that country pretty well... hugs ....Judie

Comment

Another newbie..

Re: nice tan

Judie, I've never been anywhere near there. We're gonna do Slick Rock Trail the first day and White Rim in the Canyonlands for the remainder of the trip.

Comment

Another newbie..

white rim

Have you seen "Thelma & Louise"? White Rim, Is where they drive off the edge @ the end of the movie.
                How long are you taking to do the White Rm? 5 days, w/a support rig is nice (we always brought a "party barge" from T-ride(kinda decadent), but very fun!
                You're making me "homesick" for that country!! I fell in love with it imediatley 28 yrs ago. When I went for a day... & stayed 20 yrs! Have fun!....Brat! Hugs, Judie

Ps Say hello to those Mts & Canyons for me! I've skiid, kayaked, hiked, biked, tumbled, crashed & burned, almost every other inch of em!

Comment

Another newbie..

Re: white rim

Judie,

Yeah, we have a support vehicle that we take turns driving. Gonna take 5 days. I'm stoked, I hear this is kinda the "Holy Grail" of Mt. Biking. I'm a way serious Mt. Biker, it's been my sanity for many years. Anyhow, I'll tell them there hills that Judie says hi! Of course, you ain't allowed to get too homesick cuz you live smack dab in the middle of God's country right now!!

Oh yeah, hugs back at ya!!

Marty (2 weeks no drinks today!! WOOHOO!! Two cheers for Ms. Jewell and MYO!!)

Comment

Another newbie..

the confluence

Hey Marty, When you get to the confluence of the Green & Colorado Rivers... just as you start that endless climb up the "swithbacks from Hell"... (actually, it's a love/hate...sorta thing by the time you get to the top...) think of me! No, think of all of us on these boards... we'll all be saying, "go,go, go!" Have fun! Judie

Comment

Another newbie..

Re: the confluence

HEHE, maybe I'll do that one on my single speed, just for the group!!! (Hopefully I'll avoid the Thelma and Louise ending, though....:eek )

Comment

Another newbie..

white rim

Hey Marty! Don't know if you've taken off for the "land of Utah-pia" yet... just wanted to say Bon Voyage! We'll all want to see photos of before & after the Wht rim! Especially the final climb, w/ no recreational "influiences!" Ha... Go Big! Hugs, Judie

Comment

Another newbie..

we're' all here

hey guys,

klamath falls and rogue river, here's me in mount shasta, guess we've got the state of jefferson represented!

got all my stuff waiting on my doctor to prescribe topa...then begin...will stay in touch....

Comment

Another newbie..

we're all here

Hi SerialArts! How's the spring skiing over there?
                            I've skiid a lot in Colo. but not in Ore.... not sure my old knees will take it(one in particular), but I might try it w/ a brace. Think my mogul days are over(whah), but I do miss the rush! ACL or not! Was just checking out the closing dates for Shasta & Mt Ashland...Hmm....Have'nt skiid since I left Colo. 7&1/2 yrs ago(seems like a lifetime...actually-it was quite a different one!) Still have all the equip., just missing an ACL!
                            Maybe run into you (literally)sometime! Hugs ..Judie

Comment

Another newbie..

we're all here

Me again...PS forgot to mention good luck with the Doc. & your scripts! They really seem to help me. A world of difference! That and checking in with everyone here...
                              later....Judie

Comment

Another newbie..

Re: we're all here

Got back from White Rim. I'm including a photo. And, Judie, there were no "recreational influences"! On the week long trip, I did have a beer with my chili, but when the chili was gone, I poured out the last half of the beer.

Anyhow, in this photo we just finished our climb out of Mineral Bottom (I think it's the climb you're talking about Judie). 2 miles of Hell (or Heaven, depending on your perspective). Very steep grades (14% +). The three of us holding bikes made it without stopping. I'm the guy in the middle with the helmet on.

Comment

Working...
                                X