Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3

Please don't let side effects spook you

For me they have been a little mental forgetfulness, hence the lists..... and definitely slight problems with finding words sometimes. I nearly drove past my workplace one morning, things like that. Like stuttering, the word problem doesn't present itself in prepared speaking, for instance, singing is no problem at all....because I know the words. And they were only for a short time. Much better now at 150 mg than they were. And I guarantee you I am getting much better quantity and quality of work done now than I was...when I was hungover or maybe still "fuzzy" in the morning.

And you may have none at all, many don't!

Comment

Day 3

Just popping in! I am going to keep on going with the 50mg for another few days see how it goes.

Re side effects: Yesterday I lost my handbag. I searched the house, the car, everywhere. Phoned hubby at work, he hadn't seen it. I was panicking because EVERYTHING is in there. Couldn't work it out. Started to do the laundry ..... there it was peeping out of the laundry basket!!! It must have been me but I have no memory of putting it there!! I also now and again am exchanging words for other words ie dropping my daughter off at a birthday party, waving and calling to everyone "have gun"!!!

Re dreams: I have had a few really weird ones. Ones involving driving whilst drunk, getting lost, wishing I wasn't drunk, baddies crashing into my car whilst I was trying to figure out where I was - all scary stuff. In one of those dreams I was trying to balance a glass of wine while driving along! One of my first bad dreams at the beginning of this programme I actually dreamt I was watching Jack The Ripper at work!!!! I am sure a therapist could have a field day with all our dreams!

Although to someone just starting out at the very beginning of this, all of this might sound a bit strange, it's really very mild and the good of it all far outweighs any little, harmless, temporary mind blitzes. :eek
      :eek
      Have a great day everyone! X

Comment

Day 3

heheheh@"have gun"............at a kid's birthday party no less )...so much for the next kids gathering at YOUR house.... ).... well today is the end of day 3 for me and again no temptation -- i have a drive in me that i've not had before -- i think that has a lot to do with it now ...day 5 may be different ....but i really am amazed that i don't want a drink -- i don't crave a drink and don't feel the anxiety tied to wanting that DRINK......could it be just the supplements?....

sorry for all the questions...

jen

Comment

Day 3

Hey...
          Wanted to respond to a few side effect questions about Topa. I have had the crazy dreams too, but I dont think its the Topa. Whenever I cut back on drinking, or have "no drinking" nights, I tend to have very vivid, and sometimes wild dreams. Others have mentioned that on this thread, and that was long before I, or they started the Topamax. I just think our bodies just go into "dream overload" from having too many nights of not remembering them?? Or maybe our subconsious has so much it has been trying to tell us, that it is making up for lost time... who knows! But then again, Topa affects everyone differently.

Also, dont let the side effects scare you. Anytime you up your dosage, you may feel a "little strange" for about two days, but it almost always wears off, and then you feel really good, especially when you notice how much it benefits your lack of craving the wine, or whatever you drink. If you are ONLY taking Topamax, and No supplements, then you can get overtired... would not recommend that. Be sure to take the supplements... especially the ALL ONE if you are taking the Topamax. My biggest side effect with Topa is I get a little tired around 3 p.m... just want to crawl in bed for a nice nap. But once my ALL ONE arrived, I did not have that anymore. I get a light headaches when I dose up for two days, then no more.

Hope this helps... dont worry about those dreams!

Allie

Comment

Working...
          X