X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didn't make it

Re: Didn't make it either

BW:

I hope you get your book soon -- I think you're gonna love it .

Who knows why we started drinking or why some of us feel we need to drink to be comfortable in social situations (...have to admit I relate to that one well). The "alcohol" does evolve and can take control of us -- It can even convince us we "can't" socialize without It. I think you can learn to think differently about that!

I hope you'll find some encouragement on this board and through this program -- the support you're gonna get without question! Hope this helps some.

Gracie

Comment

didn't make it

thanks for the kind words everyone. Doing a bit better...Ordered my supps and I think the book will show up today...Supps will get here when the kudzu gets to MWO...

Again, thanks everyone for making me feel better. I did a little better last night and had 3 drinks...still messes with sleep and I feel depressed the next day. But...at least I'm not mega hungover. I think I will turn on some tunes and clean the house...

Hope everyone is having a blessed weekend
      BW

Comment

didn't make it

Much better night last night.

Had 2 drinks and went to bed.....listened to the sleep hypno till the batteries ran down.

I feel much better this am

Comment

didn't make it

good for you Darlene...

my best friend's name is Darlene in Cleveland...
          I did pretty well too...Had a really horrible white table wine...tried to drink a glass and the taste was so bad, I didn't drink....maybe that is what I need to do is just try drinking really nasty wine...maybe a blush zinfandel will just put me into phase 10 sobriety....

feeling good today...hope I don't blow it tonight...
          BW

Comment

didn't make it

I have not been drinkinng since 20 days

I have not been drinkinng since 20 days, what a difference. I don't know if i can keep this up, but i want to.

Comment

didn't make it

Just starting out?

Hey Guys,

I have 3 days and I want to drink more than I want to do anything eles. I read the book and plan on making an appointment for the doc today. I ordered the sups/CD's and I am hoping they will help. I feel sooooo negative.

Any suggestions?

Lostgirl

Comment

didn't make it

Re: Just starting out?

sv, keep it up, and post here a lot! the community is wonderful, so supportive and loving, I am just so glad I found MWO.

Lostgirl, I can only tell you that I am not taking the topa, I just received the CDs so I've only been using them about 24 hours, but I started taking the supplements last Thursday(? I think), and started feeling differently immediately. I don't know if it's the kudzu, or just giving me body the vitamins and amino acids it was lacking, but I truly started feeling differently about alcohol. And I had desperately wanted to stop drinking but hadn't been able to for . . . . 2, 2-1/2 years? I preferred whiskey, or some stronger quicker delivery of alcohol to the system; right now when I think about how it smells I could kack.

The book and CDs are a chunk of change, but think about how much you've spent in alcohol, lost days/nights, etc. And get involved on this board; these people are so great.

Hugs
                Ter

Comment

didn't make it

hi beauty,
                  sheesh, do i know what that is like! now i AM a recluse because alcohol makes me feel OK but also keeps me away/hidden. i was an international model for many years - have trouble with the gettting older bit i think and alcohol isn't helping. just keep looking and tuned into yourself and your needs - you are on the right road by letting others know. don't keep it internalized and find solutions. sleep well tonight and KNOW that this is only temporary so long as you keep WANTING to change how life is today.
                  e

Comment

didn't make it

Cost... I agree... I was freaking about how much I spent on vitamins to get on the MWO program until I worked out what I've been spending on booze... which is more than I pay on my mortgage!! Freaking hell! I could have relaxed & retired years ago if I wasn't so intent on drinking myself to death!! Hell.
                    Well, I've ordered the supps. Thank goodness you're all here.
                    The reason why I'm posting all the time is because I am a recluse.. hiding myself away.. so nobody can see. I had a tradesman come over one day to fix my bathroom and I said I wanted a mirror on the wall so I could see what I looked like before I leave the house... and, incredulous, he said "You? Want a Mirror?" Oh Arrrgh.. the pain of it all.
                    MFM

Comment

didn't make it

Oh martian,

People can be so unkind. Your post reminded me of something Mitch posted not long ago, because it is so true: he said (I'm paraphrasing here) that until we are really ready to look very, very closely in the mirror until we can see our (may somewhat bloodshot) eyes and see that yes, we have a disease but that we are "fabulous", and begin to understand WHY we drink, how can we expect to fix the problem? Dealing not just with the physical, but with the spiritual, the emotional and the psychological.

So good for you for asking for that mirror. Now it's time to see the beauty within.

Kate

Comment

didn't make it

Great post Kate!! So true. MFM, it was nice chatting with you last night. I feel like a recluse at times too, despite a busy family life. Keep looking in that mirror....you are beautiful!!! Gina

Comment

Working...
                        X